PDA

View Full Version : why rinseless

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

gregory1420
02-11-2017, 09:16 AM
why would you or why do you guys use rinseless wash? is it faster to do compared to foam cannon type wash?

Boudin
02-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Faster, less mess, less water, can do it in garage etc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FUNX650
02-11-2017, 09:36 AM
why would you or why do you guys
use rinseless wash? is it faster to do
compared to foam cannon type wash?
•IMO:
-Considering all the setting-up, performing,
and breaking-back-down steps for both of
the car-washing methods you listed above
(let alone the amount of water usage):

-RW is, undoubtably, way faster (and lots
more efficient at soil and other contaminate
removal) than any foam cannon type wash
could ever dream of being.

Bob

TTQ B4U
02-11-2017, 09:44 AM
why would you or why do you guys use rinseless wash? is it faster to do compared to foam cannon type wash?

Faster, and more convention overall. IMO it's as safe if not safer.

Loser
02-11-2017, 09:59 AM
It's 38 degrees and raining outside at the moment. Plus my hoses are stored for the winter. Yet I'm still going to quickly, and safely, clean my cars in the garage today.

vobro
02-11-2017, 10:02 AM
Faster,more efficient and much simpler. I have 4 cars and a bass boat in my household, I can wash,dry and if I want to add a spray wax in less time yet still do it at a high level. Other benefits are less water dripping out of crevices, exo-friendly,no ice on my driveway, product can be diluted for different tasks i.e. wash,clay lube, quick detailer, drying aid and interior detailer. I still like to traditional wash from time to time but prefer rinsless now

Wknd Dtlr
02-11-2017, 10:17 AM
It's easier to use in hot climates as you don't have to worry about water or soap drying on the car before you get to it. ( think 115 degree dry hot summer temps )

Additionally, if you only have short bursts of time to clean the car you can do it in stages. It once took me 5 trips to the garage over the course of a Saturday to RW my car. can't do that with a hose and bucket system

Paul A.
02-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Seems like all of my points have been covered...plus some more. Basically, for me, it's faster. I also used it when i was still rotary compounding a few years ago and dust control/management was an issue. Fortunately those days are pretty much gone now with newer products and my Flex 3401 but I always had a pre mixed bucket of ONR within arm's reach.

BrutalNoodle
02-11-2017, 12:46 PM
From first reply to last - nailed it. Well done, gents.

On colder days, fill up the bucket (or better yet that small cooler you hardly use*) with warm solution and rinseless away.

Rinseless - 1
Low temp - 0

*Perhaps not for PaulMys. One next to couch and always filled. Laziness or pure genius? I'd say both.

Additionally, if you only have short bursts of time to clean the car you can do it in stages. It once took me 5 trips to the garage over the course of a Saturday to RW my car. can't do that with a hose and bucket system

I've done this many, many times. lol

KirkH
02-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Can perform rinseless in the cold without water freezing on the car.

Hammer77
02-11-2017, 02:03 PM
What everyone has already said! Plus for me I work 3rd shift, up all night on my nights off. It allows me to wash at 2 am, nice and quiet.

Crispy
02-11-2017, 02:30 PM
I actually bought a "waterless wash" from Canadian Tire 5 years ago before I knew about this forum.

I was totally underwelmed with it and had make do with washing regular soap and rinsing with a sprayer.

Enter ONR.

Got the Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine.

Did everything the other product couldn't and then some.

Rarely do a traditional wash now.

In winter only thing that works in my garage with no drain.

Cruzscarwash
02-11-2017, 02:56 PM
On top of what's already been posted I'm many places like where I am in California you can't have any run off, so rinseless and waterless are the only options

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

fightnews
02-11-2017, 04:44 PM
Faster, less mess, less water, can do it in garage etc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

its not faster, it takes longer if you do the paint, roof, trim, glass, ect and then you dont even get the wheel wells. pressure washer is faster imo

hogie
02-11-2017, 07:17 PM
rinseless is faster for me. I only get the pressure washer out for chores or under carriage cleaning these days