PDA

View Full Version : New Car Detail

Automoglow
02-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Purchase a brand new car and I recently washed, Clay, glazed, sealant and then waxed. How often can I apply these? My thought was weekly washes, wax end of month and sealant each quarter.

Products used:
EZ cream glaze
M-seal micro finish factory paint sealant.
Butter wet wax

jdubs
02-09-2017, 09:46 AM
Sounds like a good schedule to me.

In the past I have used a spray wax every other wash. A sealant every 3 months or so. This spring i'll start exploring coatings in the hopes of stretching all that out.

Automoglow
02-09-2017, 09:59 AM
I just purchase some CG P40 so I think I will use that every other. Would I need to use a cleaner wax or anything to remove any of the old products?

Automoglow
02-09-2017, 12:33 PM
Maybe when I reapply the sealant each quarter I could use a wax cleaner or something to totally strip it, would that work? Trying to get the best results on this new paint!

Coopers ST
02-09-2017, 03:00 PM
I would wash every week or two depending on how dirty the car is. After you wash and before you dry I would spray a couple sprays of a quality spray wax on each panel and dry. Reseal quarterly.

Automoglow
02-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Thanks Cooper ST, so you don't think I need to remove any old layers off, just keep up my schedule and maybe polish it 1 time.

Automoglow
04-04-2017, 11:06 AM
Update.... I want to go ahead and polish the new KIA, I did notice some light marring. What would be a good polish for this? I just received some B&S pads along with some HD Speed and also have some Megs UP.

Mer2112
04-15-2017, 06:03 PM
Wrong thread, sorry.

MattPersman
04-15-2017, 06:12 PM
Update.... I want to go ahead and polish the new KIA, I did notice some light marring. What would be a good polish for this? I just received some B&S pads along with some HD Speed and also have some Megs UP.

Try speed see how it looks. Ultimate polish may have a touch more cut on most paints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk