PDA

View Full Version : Gtechniq CSL (can EXO be applied months later?)

panthershark
02-07-2017, 07:09 PM
I purchased a New car in October 16 and took it to a professional shop to have PPT installed and was also offered GTechniq CSL for the rest of the car. In reading posts and website I always read how EXO could be used after the CSL but it seems it should have been done at the same time (within hours) the CSL was applied, installer never mentioned and in everything I read EXO married with CSL is ideal....we are now in Feb 17....

1) is it ok to apply EXO after 5-6 months?

2) if so, what is the prep procedure, would PW (IPA) remove the original CSL?

3) there are products out there that are used for removing the light dust and marks when a full wash is not needed, is this where QD or C2V3 come in? Do others use any other product?

4) assuming i can use the EXO, can I also use over C5 of which I used on wheels and C4 that i used on trim?

Thanks in advance for the responses

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

LC DETAIL
02-09-2017, 10:13 AM
No problem. Can Clay and iron decon before and top with exo after

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk

bluedoggiant
02-09-2017, 03:07 PM
No problem. Can Clay and iron decon before and top with exo after

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk

Had CS applied to my car a few weeks ago and was thinking about applying Exo in a year. Good to hear this is no problem, do you advise having it done professionally as well?

panthershark
02-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Souldetailer
02-09-2017, 11:11 PM
Had CS applied to my car a few weeks ago and was thinking about applying Exo in a year. Good to hear this is no problem, do you advise having it done professionally as well?
Sure, you can have it done professionally, but why not apply it yourself. I have not applied, this coating, yet, but from what I understand it is not difficult. EXOv3 is said to have been formulated to have the same hydrophobic properties and longevity as past versions but in a more use friendly formula. I'm looking forward to it.

Peace,

Darrin