PDA

View Full Version : looking for a specific spray sealant

szjalo
02-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Hi all. A while ago I came across a product from this website, which is a spray sealant. the application is like: after washing the car, spray the sealant on the wet surface and rinse out with pressure washer. I couldn't quite remember the name/ manufacturer of this product. Do anyone have any recall on such a thing?

Otherwise if there are some new products working in similar fashion (easy to apply sealant) I sure would like to hear some recommendations.

thanks a ton

Whitewater25
02-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Sounds like Carpro Hydro

RatZ1LLa
02-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Gyeon Wet Coat

Setec Astronomy
02-06-2017, 02:13 PM
CarPro HydrO2 and there are some others now.

szjalo
02-06-2017, 03:13 PM
so how do you compare these products? mainly the Carpro Hydro2 and Gyeon Wet Coat?

glfnaz
02-06-2017, 03:33 PM
I've seen one review comparing them:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/107437-review-comparison-carpro-hydro2-gyeon-wetcoat.html

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-06-2017, 05:59 PM
CarPro Hydr02 for the win!!!

szjalo
02-16-2017, 01:54 PM
pretty much settled down on carpro. one question tho, is carpro hydro2 (or hydro2 lite) compatible with the wax/sealant is the soap (meaning: can I used a wash&wax, followed by hydro2, or should I use a wax-free wash in prior?)

DARK HORSE
02-16-2017, 01:59 PM
pretty much settled down on carpro. one question tho, is carpro hydro2 (or hydro2 lite) compatible with the wax/sealant is the soap (meaning: can I used a wash&wax, followed by hydro2, or should I use a wax-free wash in prior?)

Using a wax fee soap is best!

Rsurfer
02-16-2017, 04:16 PM

Car Pro Reset leaves nothing behind.

fightnews
02-16-2017, 05:39 PM
Hi all. A while ago I came across a product from this website, which is a spray sealant. the application is like: after washing the car, spray the sealant on the wet surface and rinse out with pressure washer. I couldn't quite remember the name/ manufacturer of this product. Do anyone have any recall on such a thing?

Otherwise if there are some new products working in similar fashion (easy to apply sealant) I sure would like to hear some recommendations.

thanks a ton

if you want a really great, easy to apply, cheap, and durable sealant try miguiars new fast finish.... you're welcome

The Guz
02-16-2017, 07:30 PM
if you want a really great, easy to apply, cheap, and durable sealant try miguiars new fast finish.... you're welcome

As easy as UFF is to use, hydro2 is even easier. Nothing easier than spraying and rinsing off.

fightnews
02-17-2017, 04:26 AM
As easy as UFF is to use, hydro2 is even easier. Nothing easier than spraying and rinsing off.

ya but then you're left with a type of coating right? can you use spray or regular wax sealant type stuff on top of what hydro leaves?

The Guz
02-17-2017, 05:30 AM
ya but then you're left with a type of coating right? can you use spray or regular wax sealant type stuff on top of what hydro leaves?

Correct. Hydro is an SiO2 sealant. Not as long lasting as a stand alone coating.

What is stopping someone from topping a coating with a wax or sealant? It seems like everyone wants to top a coating with a wax or sealant now a days.

CarPro offers reload which can be used on top if need be. Even ech2o mixed with reload as well if someone wants to stay with an SiO2 based combination.

MattPersman
02-17-2017, 06:33 AM
You can top hydro all day long. Like any topping how long it actually lasts or changes the water shedding properties may vary

IMO the hydro is for ease of use and time saving while providing a competitive protective product on the car it's an alternative to having to go around and apply a wipe on wipe off sealant, wax, spray wax, wowa sealant etc.

But like I said you can top anything. No rules against it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk