PDA

View Full Version : Little rant: Hit n Run

klumzypinoy
11-17-2007, 03:42 AM
I was taking my girl and my cousin home, and was stopped at a red light to go left to enter the freeway. My friend was in front of us at the stop as well. All of a sudden, this Lincoln car crashes into us from the back. By the way it's a Toyota 4 Runner we're riding in. I get a bit pissed but I said ok we'll just exchange info and go home. I start driving, expecting him to follow me, and he runs off! I said what the ... then I U turn to sort of go after him to at least get his license plate. I didn't speed chase him, that would have not been smart. I was so mad. He just sped off. I just calmly drive. The friend who was in front of me called and my girl answered and said he saw the Lincoln going south. None of us got his license plate...I knew nothing could be done to report him. I take them home, then go home and told my parents. They were calm about it. I was so mad at that person that hit us. The 4 Runner was involved in another accident and now it's involved in one again. I don't know why that person was so immature enough to up and leave. Well, I can't do anything about it except leave karma to do its job. We're all ok and that's what matters. The vehicle's fine too, just cosmetic damage to the rear bumper but everything else is not harmed at all. Man... I seriously wish something could be done.. It's so hard to sit here knowing we can't do anything about it.

supercharged
11-17-2007, 03:50 AM
I was taking my girl and my cousin home, and was stopped at a red light to go left to enter the freeway. My friend was in front of us at the stop as well. All of a sudden, this Lincoln car crashes into us from the back. By the way it's a Toyota 4 Runner we're riding in. I get a bit pissed but I said ok we'll just exchange info and go home. I start driving, expecting him to follow me, and he runs off! I said what the ... then I U turn to sort of go after him to at least get his license plate. I didn't speed chase him, that would have not been smart. I was so mad. He just sped off. I just calmly drive. The friend who was in front of me called and my girl answered and said he saw the Lincoln going south. None of us got his license plate...I knew nothing could be done to report him. I take them home, then go home and told my parents. They were calm about it. I was so mad at that person that hit us. The 4 Runner was involved in another accident and now it's involved in one again. I don't know why that person was so immature enough to up and leave. Well, I can't do anything about it except leave karma to do its job. We're all ok and that's what matters. The vehicle's fine too, just cosmetic damage to the rear bumper but everything else is not harmed at all. Man... I seriously wish something could be done.. It's so hard to sit here knowing we can't do anything about it.
Vey sad. Maybe the person that hit you was intoxicated...it's friday night, you know...
By the way, you shouldn't just exchange information, you should call the police first...

klumzypinoy
11-17-2007, 04:24 AM
Vey sad. Maybe the person that hit you was intoxicated...it's friday night, you know...
By the way, you shouldn't just exchange information, you should call the police first...

Thanks for the tip about the police...so police first then exchange info?

supercharged
11-17-2007, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the tip about the police...so police first then exchange info?
yep...

Tonya
11-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Sorry to hear about that Klumzypinoy! But it is like you said, at least everyone is fine and there was minor damage to the car. I tend to agree with Supercharged, he could have been intoxicated, a stolen car or he could have been a hot headed freak. So maybe it is for the best you didn't get out and talk to him. What comes around goes around... so Karma will take care of him. Just be thankful it was minor damage. Take care!

pirex
11-17-2007, 07:04 AM
Damn! Sad to hear Joseph, the 4runner gets it always huh? poor thing. I would be pissed to, but dumb enough to drive after him, at full speed :p To bad you diden`t get the plate. But good eveything is good with you guys!

klumzypinoy
11-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Tonya: I'm sure karma will take care of him :D. I was thinking it was maybe a stolen car..

Pirex: Thanks. Haha The 4 Runner can't even go fast anyways but then I didn't wanna get into more danger :p. I wish I got the plate though.

steveh4263
11-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Another thing is if you are ever in any accident is never move your vehicle. Even if it is a minor accident. If you have a digital camera with you take pictures of the accident as well. I would say the first thing is after the accident is to get out of the vehicle and get there license plate number, call the cops if the accident is really bad, take pictures of the accident. If they leave at least you have there license plate number and you can call the cops. Well it was good to hear it was a minor accident and no one got hurt.

wytstang
11-17-2007, 10:14 PM
I would have been irate and followed. The important thing is every one is o.k, cars can be replaced lives can't.

killrflake
11-18-2007, 12:21 AM
It's a real shame how people don't want to take any responsability for their actions. This is the same kind of person who would hit someone crossing the street and make a run for it, and if they were finally caught would claim they didn't reolize they had hit anyone. At least you and your passengers were not hurt, that is the most important they. Try to put it behind you, lifes to
short to let it eat at you for to long.

klumzypinoy
11-18-2007, 02:20 AM
Steveh: I had a digital camera with me aw man...well next time things like this happen I will definitely take pictures. Thanks for the tips.

Wytstang: That's true, the bumper can be replaced. I'm just mad that the person couldn't take responsibility for their actions.

Killrflake: It's real sick people will hit someone on the road. I remember a kid got hit and it was right next to my college. It was really sad to hear about it. I should put this behind me, well I have pretty much put it behind me and went on with life.

useth4z
11-18-2007, 03:45 AM
Glad to hear you're OK. Probably an illegal immigrant. My big fear driving here is that I'd be hit and even if we stopped, I get the "No habla ingles" line, no ID and a fake name.

klumzypinoy
11-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Glad to hear you're OK. Probably an illegal immigrant. My big fear driving here is that I'd be hit and even if we stopped, I get the "No habla ingles" line, no ID and a fake name.

I wasn't able to see the plate so I couldn't tell if the car was from mexico or not. Yeah, I'm afraid of the "no habla ingles" coming out of their mouth n finding out they don't have anything on them...

Gary Sword
11-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Sorry to hear that Klumzy.