PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer?

Pages : [1] 2

fightnews
02-04-2017, 08:06 AM
if i use this as an all in one, i know it leaves behind a layer of sio2, so will this layer of coating stop a carnuba wax or typicial sealant from bonding? i assume it would as dirt and other things are repelled by the coating. this is why people don't wax there coated cars.

Setec Astronomy
02-04-2017, 08:23 AM
But if waxes or sealants can't bond to a coated surface, then why do people care about have a wash "that leaves nothing behind" like D114? Surely if a wash "left something behind" on a coated car, it couldn't change the water behavior for more than a few seconds because it couldn't stick and therefore would be washed right off.

MarkD51
02-04-2017, 08:24 AM
if i use this as an all in one, i know it leaves behind a layer of sio2, so will this layer of coating stop a carnuba wax or typicial sealant from bonding? i assume it would as dirt and other things are repelled by the coating. this is why people don't wax there coated cars.

I believe it's been said that it can be topped with virtually any product one desires.

I would assume if the topper of choice does not have any abrasives in it itself, that it should be able to be deposited on top of Essence without greatly harming the Essence Coat and filling properties.

Since Essence leaves a "clean prepared easel" for coatings to adhere and bond, one then should have absolutely no issues with waxes, or sealants either.

Let's say something like Collinite 845, or WGDGPS 3.0 or other products not loaded with cleaners and such.
That then the results of behavior and qualities of the topping product will likely dominate.

Most would probably say and suggest to "keep it in the family", with other products from Carpro (Reload or Hydro) or other similar type designed products perhaps as GTechniq C2V3, etc.

Whitewater25
02-04-2017, 08:28 AM
Essence leaves a good shine & is ready to be coated or topped,it supposedly has no protection. The Essence Plus has the protection as to act like an AIO. I topped my Essence with wgdgps & it came out really nice.

MattPersman
02-04-2017, 08:29 AM
Considering dirt and brine and salt all easily stick to coatings I'm sure wax will. One has never seen the wax or sealant dripping onto the floor off the paint of a coated car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
02-04-2017, 08:46 AM
Essence leaves a good shine & is ready to be coated or topped,it supposedly has no protection. The Essence Plus has the protection as to act like an AIO. I topped my Essence with wgdgps & it came out really nice.

It leaves behind protection. I don't think many people are using it that way.

From CP's website:

In less than the time you take to polish a car with conventional products, CarPro Essence is capable of removing swirls, building your clear coat thicker, leaving higher gloss, and laying down a semi-permanent coat of protection!

6 - So, if this has SiO2 quartz protection inside it why are you guys telling me to top it with Reload or CQuartz?

Great question! The protection is there as we stated BUT the contact angle of the water beads and the dirt repellency is not very good / not on par with Reload or CQuartz.

Setec Astronomy
02-04-2017, 08:50 AM
Considering dirt and brine and salt all easily stick to coatings I'm sure wax will. One has never seen the wax or sealant dripping onto the floor off the paint of a coated car

Ok, so we have it both ways? Anything sticks to a coating but people use them because...nothing sticks to them?

TTQ B4U
02-04-2017, 09:52 AM
You would be fine topping it with other products, but IMO it's meant to be a base for a coating or CarPro Reload. The formula of Reload is excellent and doesn't appear to have any issues of water spots that I saw in the original formula.

Essence is my go-to polish when applying coatings and I mix Reload and ECH20 as my detail spray.

A great LSP Topper over any polish if you're not interested in a coating is Collinite 476. It's extremely durable and long lasting.

DARK HORSE
02-04-2017, 12:36 PM
I believe it's been said that it can be topped with virtually any product one desires.

I would assume if the topper of choice does not have any abrasives in it itself, that it should be able to be deposited on top of Essence without greatly harming the Essence Coat and filling properties.

Since Essence leaves a "clean prepared easel" for coatings to adhere and bond, one then should have absolutely no issues with waxes, or sealants either.

Let's say something like Collinite 845, or WGDGPS 3.0 or other products not loaded with cleaners and such.
That then the results of behavior and qualities of the topping product will likely dominate.

Most would probably say and suggest to "keep it in the family", with other products from Carpro (Reload or Hydro) or other similar type designed products perhaps as GTechniq C2V3, etc.

Great post Mark, and dead on! Thank you!

Cruzscarwash
02-04-2017, 12:58 PM
When I spoke to Corey essence does leave protection behind but it can still be used as is with no extra steps to be coated. So the protection it leaves can be used alone or you can coat or top it. Of course 99.9 percent of us are going to top it with something, so we do

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

WillSports3
02-04-2017, 01:08 PM
CarPro Essence started off as a good primer polish for the CarPro coatings, it's a fine polishing that also uses silica to fill in swirls that it can't correct. In fact on soft Japanese paint, I use Essence to "Cut". I go over with Essence and an Orange pad and if I need to, more Essence on a polishing pad if the results aren't what I want. A semi-permanent filler is a lot better than cutting more clearcoat than you need to so it's a great versatile use polish. Technically though you can use any steps after it that you want, there is a layer of protection but it's also made to be grabby hence why the hydrophobic behaviour is not great. You can use wax or sealant or coatings with it. Even when you coat after Essence with Cquartz products, you have to watch for a slightly longer flashing time but other than that you can use anything you want. If you use a sealant or a wax that needs to haze, just leave it on for an extra 10 minutes on top of what you would normally do.

fightnews
02-05-2017, 04:16 AM

of course you arent going to see that, the only thing that would happen is you would buff all the wax off or whatever was left would be washed off. it would theoretically be the same as waxing a coated car

MattPersman
02-05-2017, 08:16 AM
Ok, so we have it both ways? Anything sticks to a coating but people use them because...nothing sticks to them?

Yes the marketing materials of certain coatings are claiming nothing is sticking to them but when something does and is questioned you need to use a topper and you probably applied it wrong to that portion of the car

Similar to have a certain color sponge only be able to be used and be effective with a certain rinseless wash

Sure is a lot of over the top marketing being put out there by certain companies with no data or answer when questioned other than in a round about way spend more money for more products

If my wife wouldn't Kill me buying several 100s of dollars of these coatings I would roll them out like Rasky on our van and her truck and try to review this stuff

I'm just a normal guy who wants results as stated. I would much rather have companies be straight forward and say it's a coating a chemical company we work with came up with, we put it on a couple cars it looked good and held up a couple weeks in Florida or California so sounds like it's a winner. Your results and durability may vary. If it isn't working as advertised please use our spray wax or coating "booster" on top every time you wash the car also don't forget to buy our iron removing product and pre wash serum, bug and road film remover, pre soak with foam then normal 11 bucket wash distilled water rinse dry with our blower blot with our magic $50 drying towel then please consider either clay or another mechanical agitation followed by more coating and topper it will look like the day you just applied it. It might take you all weekend to do so but also don't let it see day light or rain or dust for 48 hours so hope you work from home and have a paint booth in your garage

I'm sure I missed a step. But I am much happier seeing just a product for sale on a page that says paint coating. Not paragraph after paragraph of propaganda that lures you into thinking you have a force field around your car. We know what a coating is we know it should be better than a wax or sealant. We buy if we trust the company or person selling it. I know it's marketing and they want to make as much $ as possible but it becomes pretty out of hand with some of this stuff.

fightnews
02-05-2017, 08:26 AM
the main point of the thread is will a wax or sealant or anything in between stick to the sio2 coating left by essence? i have to assume the answer is no regardless of whether or not more sio2 coating will stick to it.

WillSports3
02-05-2017, 08:44 AM
Yes things will stick. The sio2 left by essence is mostly there to fill and not on the paint the same way an actual coating is. Coatings are not magical force fields, wax and sealant will stick on them they just will not last as long. Essence is a primer however, and lsps will stick to it.