PDA

View Full Version : Removing Crude Oil From A Pickup's Sprayed in Liner.

PButschek
02-02-2017, 07:56 AM
Need to remove the oil and smell from the sprayed in liner.

Thinking of starting with Dawn dish liquid..... Any other ootions i can consider??

Setec Astronomy
02-02-2017, 08:03 AM
Crude oil...that's a new one! Welcome to the forum!

Honestly, how many people encounter crude oil in their life? I've never heard it mentioned on any detailing forum...hopefully someone will be able to help you.

For what it's worth, I've found Optimum Power Clean to be phenomenal for cleaning motor oil...which is a far cry from crude.

Whitewater25
02-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Roll Off straight from the bottle. just keep it off the paint or it will etch it.

KirkH
02-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Need to remove the oil and smell from the sprayed in liner.

Thinking of starting with Dawn dish liquid..... Any other ootions i can consider??

I have a diesel truck that I run off of waste vegetable oil, and so I spill oil in the bed ALL THE TIME. There is no easy way to clean it up. You can start with Dawn, they use it on animals during oil spills. But I have found the only thing that will work is a lye-based cleaner such as Purple Power and a scrub brush.

chefwong
02-02-2017, 09:09 AM
How porous are the spray in liners anyhow ?

pilotpip
02-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Have you contacted the manufacturer of the product? I have line-x and needed warranty support. They were very prompt and got me set up with a local vendor to get my liner fixed.

briarpatch
02-02-2017, 11:27 AM
If it's a rhino lining....I wish you the best of luck. Mine has soaked up cooking oil that leaked out of a trash bag......the spot remains.