PDA

View Full Version : Griots 6" (GG6) with 5.5" BOSS pads

AZpolisher15
02-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Can any of you share thoughts on your experience with the BOSS pads on a GG6? I have some on order (3 each of the orange and yellow), but would like to know what you think about these (compared to the regular griots pads or LC flats/thin pro). Thanks.

Mike Phillips
02-02-2017, 07:21 AM
Can any of you share thoughts on your experience with the BOSS pads on a GG6? I have some on order (3 each of the orange and yellow), but would like to know what you think about these (compared to the regular griots pads or LC flats/thin pro). Thanks.

The BOSS pads work GREAT!

And that's because they are THIN!

Thin is in (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/28825-thin.html) -Mike Phillips

Here's a word of caution however... because they are thin, they will saturate with product more quickly. Wet foam hold heat better than dry foam. So swap pads OFTEN to prevent wearing out your pad prematurely due to,

Heat
Violent oscillation
Pressure
Moisture
Chemicals

Like I day...

More pads are better

Hope that helps...

:)

briarpatch
02-02-2017, 07:47 AM
That combo is what I've switched to...and am glad I did. I still use the 5.5" regular Griots red (foam) pads for spreading wax...mainly because I have them and they work well for that. I have found that the orange BOSS pads do 'load up' a little faster, especially with an AIO. I just have enough of them on hand, and swap often.

Mike Phillips
02-02-2017, 08:05 AM
and swap often.

And that is the key.

So when placing an order... get extra pads. By swapping often you'll increase the lifetime use of the pads overall. This is a better value for you money instead of trying to use and abuse a few pads throughout a single detail job.

A good rule of thumb for ANY orbital polisher is

One pad per panel

You can quote me on that.

:dblthumb2:

Coopers ST
02-02-2017, 11:38 AM
I use mostly 5.5" boss pads on my GG6, best upgrade I did detailing in a long time.