PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Glaze and Sealants?

Ridgeliner
11-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Need some quick advise. This is the first time I've used Menzerna Products. I'm working on an 04 Toyota Highlander (My first Black Car :D). I did a test section to see what I might be getting into. First I tried the IP with a White CCS pad, not enough cut to get the swirls or scratches, so I moved up to an Orange Pad... Worked out great; broke down quickly, some dusting. Then I went to the Finial Polish with a White CCS Pad, this time it didn't seem to break down all the way didn't turn transparent or dust at all (after about 4-5 at minutes at 5.5 on my PC). I wiped it off still had good results. Then I tried the Finishing Glaze with a Gray CCS Pad. Still didn't break down all the way, it acted just like the Finishing Polish.

Here's the questions: Am I doing something wrong? Like using too much product or not working them long enough?

Next question; I've been reading some of the other posts on Glazes and Sealants. From what I gather it's one or the other. You shouldn't use a Sealant over a Glaze. (Right?).
In the ad/info on AG Menzerna recommends Wolfgang Deep Paint Sealant over its products. Does this include the Finishing Glaze too? If so how long should I let the Glaze cure before applying the Sealant or even the Wax?? (I'm using Souveran Paste)

Sorry this is so long :o .

Thanks for the help .

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/WGSealant1.jpghttp://us.st1.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/Img/trans_1x1.gifSince Menzerna does not make a non-cleaning wax or sealant, we recommend Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant to seal in the shine after using Menzerna polishes and finishing glaze. Wolfgang’s water-based formula is compatible with all Menzerna polishes.

zaxjax
11-16-2007, 09:18 PM
I have not had a problem with Menzerna breaking down. I use the pad combo as you did, my trick is do a 2x2 section and move slowly over the area up and down / side to side / and diagonally. Go slowly and don't be afraid to put it on 6!

supercharged
11-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Glaze doesn't need to be cured. You can apply a coat of sealant, let it cure (12+ hours), then apply wax.

wolfpacker92
11-16-2007, 10:33 PM
I've never had a problem with a sealant over Menzerna Finishing Glaze.

ScottB
11-16-2007, 11:21 PM
a pure glaze with oils and fillers to wet and enhance paint will not allow a sealant to properly adhere to it. There are a couple glazes (usually more like a finishing polish) that sealants like and seem to work well with. I would however remember that generally waxes and glazes go together.

Ridgeliner
11-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Thank you all for the help. :D From the looks of things I'm going to be a busy boy tomorrow :D:buffing: Have a great night, and a better tomorrow!!!!

ksomsak
05-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Right now Menzerna has Power Lock sealant

ScottB
05-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Right now Menzerna has Power Lock sealant

Menzerna has indeed introduced its own sealant, and has a wax too . Both are LSP's.

sportscarhiatus
05-04-2010, 02:47 PM
What's the Menzerna wax? nuba based? and how do you like it, Killr?

ScottB
05-04-2010, 07:11 PM
What's the Menzerna wax? nuba based? and how do you like it, Killr?

Menzerna Sealing Wax APO 60, menzerna apo 60, Menzerna wax (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-sealing-wax-apo-60.html)

nuba indeed .... not the best looking and a bit harder to remove than others. Believe it has light cleaners too, so not really a pure wax. It initially came in those huge bottles so have enough for 10 lifetimes.

Now the sealant rocks !

sportscarhiatus
05-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Menzerna Sealing Wax APO 60, menzerna apo 60, Menzerna wax (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-sealing-wax-apo-60.html)

nuba indeed .... not the best looking and a bit harder to remove than others. Believe it has light cleaners too, so not really a pure wax. It initially came in those huge bottles so have enough for 10 lifetimes.

Now the sealant rocks !

how does the polylock sealant compare to WGDGPS or 4star UPP?

ksomsak
05-04-2010, 11:01 PM
I tested Menzerna Power lock on my E200 Kom.A result look right BFWD.