PDA

View Full Version : Whats your weakness?

Pages : [1] 2

UTdetailing
01-30-2017, 09:46 PM
I have always had a thing for/struggled with exterior trim (tires excluded). It deteriorates as fast as tires, but don't get replaced. Finding the right combination of sheen, conditioning and protection was always a challenge for me (thankfully from all of your recommendations I think I found the right stuff)

Interestingly enough as I got ready to take advantage of the sale last weekend I did a quick inventory of my products, and found:

2 different compounds
2 different polishes
1 AIO
3 different wax/sealants
1 type of clay bar
3 quick detailers/clay lube
2 spray wax's
1 APC
1 exterior wash
1 degreaser
1 wheel cleaner
8 different Trim products

So what's your weakness/fetish, and do your shelves show it?

BrutalNoodle
01-30-2017, 09:53 PM
Glass.

I just couldn't leave "well enough" alone.

Over a dozen different brands of glass cleaners...

pheerix
01-31-2017, 01:28 AM
MF towels, waterless/rinseless washes, spray sealants. Because that's all I use anymore

oldmodman
01-31-2017, 03:01 AM
Tacos and College Girls.

DogRescuer
01-31-2017, 05:46 AM
I have always had a thing for/struggled with exterior trim (tires excluded). It deteriorates as fast as tires, but don't get replaced. Finding the right combination of sheen, conditioning and protection was always a challenge for me (thankfully f4rom all of your recommendations I think I found the right stuff)

Interestingly enough as I got ready to take advantage of the sale last weekend I did a quick inventory of my products, and found:

2 different compounds
2 different polishes
1 AIO
3 different wax/sealants
1 type of clay bar
3 quick detailers/clay lube
2 spray wax's
1 APC
1 exterior wash
1 degreaser
1 wheel cleaner
8 different Trim products

So what's your weakness/fetish, and do your shelves show it?
You have Apc and degreaser, but cant a syrong APC bbe a degreaser. Just asking as I am to wowking on simplifying.

DogRescuer
01-31-2017, 05:48 AM
Sorry for the mistakes of my spelling.

Tasmania
01-31-2017, 05:57 AM
Solution Finish and Angelwax Elixir. angelwax.co.uk

TTQ B4U
01-31-2017, 07:35 AM
Tires. Like you I've not yet found or used a dressing that I think is great. Instead I use a simple off the shelf Stoners More Shine that looks good, doesn't sling, but washes off with rain. I'm okay with that but would like something that would actually last. Tires are tough though as they change temp and flex so much.

DogRescuer
01-31-2017, 07:48 AM
Tires. Like you I've not yet found or used a dressing that I think is great. Instead I use a simple off the shelf Stoners More Shine that looks good, doesn't sling, but washes off with rain. I'm okay with that but would like something that would actually last. Tires are tough though as they change temp and flex so much.
So Optibond Tire Gel nor Pearl lasts for you?

BudgetPlan1
01-31-2017, 07:58 AM
Glass.

I just couldn't leave "well enough" alone.

Over a dozen different brands of glass cleaners...

No kidding...no matter what (glass cleaners, glass polishes, various glass towels...) can't get streak free interior to save my life. Always looks great until the sun hits at just *that* angle and then the cursing begins.

Sharply Dressed
01-31-2017, 09:10 AM
Exotic beautiful women

Boudin
01-31-2017, 10:25 AM
Microfibers, Polishes, compounds, dressings, waterless washes, wax and sealants, spray waxes, spray detailers, polishers, pads, APCs, applicators, coatings, glass cleaners .... Well, looks like everything is. Microfibers are my greatest weakness.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PA DETAILER
01-31-2017, 12:39 PM
Tires I guess. Went thru a long process of finding the perfect tire product that looked good and did not sling!! Found it. GTECHNIQ T1 TIRE. Lasts several weeks thru rain/washes and NO SLING! I have a review on the forum. Like to try new too tho. Last order got some GYEON TIRE to try in the spring. Also read this is a stand out product. After a detail, good looking tires are icing on the cake. Nothing like a bad tire dressing that slings all over your freshly detailed ride.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/103622-gtechniq-t1-tire-trim.html

Dan Tran
01-31-2017, 03:37 PM
Microfiber towels for sure.

If only high quality micro fibers came like disposable towels.

When I get a new batch of towels, the thought of dirt on them kills me.

Ironically they are needed to make something else look clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

JustJesus
01-31-2017, 05:17 PM
DONUTS.. Can't keep them on shelves long enough, though.

Detailing wise. Everything. Have too much of everything. My waxes are in the double digits, easily.