PDA

View Full Version : Almost pulled the trigger on a steamer....

Levithan9
01-30-2017, 12:15 PM
OK guys....

it's been a good while since i posted here on this forum. Been busy as an auto tech. working myself sick. I was recently let go at my previous job, but thankfully, i was able to get out of debt and save a damn good amount of money, so I take it as a blessing being able to do that.

Somehow, word got around that I was no longer employed, and within 2 days, i had another job. Being a dam good auto tech has it benefits.

I've sold several cars over the last few years, and bought a bunch of cleaning and waxing stuff....a flex 3401, about 20-30 different pads, just about every kind of wax, compound, polish, hot water extractor...you name it. When I bought a car, I made sure it looked as good as it did when it was new when i sold it. And everyone always said how clean and polished they were.

Anyway....i just turned 45...and I hate what i do. The customers, the complaints, the employers i work for. It's all a nightmare.

I did car detailing on the side a few years ago, and everyone was very impressed the the results.

So, after all that...i'm thinking of getting out of the rat race of repairing cars.

I have a McCulloch 1385 steamer, but this one is worse than the smaller version I bought at harbor Freight 5 years ago. I had to replace it because it finally gave up the ghost. The 1385 does nothing but spit out water and a little steam for the 1st have of the tank being used.

So, I found a Vapamore MR-1000 steamer for about $1100. I was going to buy it off amazon yesterday when they had a Flash sale, but the fear of buying such an expensive tool, and finding no reviews other than a HOW TO USE YOUR NEW STEAMER videos on youtube, and no user reviews here on this site....all that kept me from pulling the trigger.

I'm thinking that if i buy something, I want to get the best bang for the buck. Constant fill, maybe hot water injection, and all around buy once and be happy steamer.

So, i need some dam good advise and suggestions.

I'm going to say that $1000 is my limit that i'm comfortable with. What would YOU buy if you needed a steamer and had a $1000 budget?

Please let me know.....

Sincerely;

Mark

fightnews
01-30-2017, 05:16 PM
OK guys....

it's been a good while since i posted here on this forum. Been busy as an auto tech. working myself sick. I was recently let go at my previous job, but thankfully, i was able to get out of debt and save a damn good amount of money, so I take it as a blessing being able to do that.

Somehow, word got around that I was no longer employed, and within 2 days, i had another job. Being a dam good auto tech has it benefits.

I've sold several cars over the last few years, and bought a bunch of cleaning and waxing stuff....a flex 3401, about 20-30 different pads, just about every kind of wax, compound, polish, hot water extractor...you name it. When I bought a car, I made sure it looked as good as it did when it was new when i sold it. And everyone always said how clean and polished they were.

Anyway....i just turned 45...and I hate what i do. The customers, the complaints, the employers i work for. It's all a nightmare.

I did car detailing on the side a few years ago, and everyone was very impressed the the results.

So, after all that...i'm thinking of getting out of the rat race of repairing cars.

I have a McCulloch 1385 steamer, but this one is worse than the smaller version I bought at harbor Freight 5 years ago. I had to replace it because it finally gave up the ghost. The 1385 does nothing but spit out water and a little steam for the 1st have of the tank being used.

So, I found a Vapamore MR-1000 steamer for about $1100. I was going to buy it off amazon yesterday when they had a Flash sale, but the fear of buying such an expensive tool, and finding no reviews other than a HOW TO USE YOUR NEW STEAMER videos on youtube, and no user reviews here on this site....all that kept me from pulling the trigger.

I'm thinking that if i buy something, I want to get the best bang for the buck. Constant fill, maybe hot water injection, and all around buy once and be happy steamer.

I'm going to say that $1000 is my limit that i'm comfortable with. What would YOU buy if you needed a steamer and had a $1000 budget?

Please let me know.....

Sincerely;

Mark

what are you going to use it for? detailing business? if you spend a thousand dollars on it how much do you expect to earn from that investment? or are you just buying it for you? i dont know i never used a steamer anyway, im sure for a thousand bucks it should have a good return policy and warranty if you arent happy with it or it breaks

Mike@ShineStruck
01-30-2017, 05:26 PM
OK guys....

Please let me know.....

Sincerely;

Mark

PM ya