PDA

View Full Version : what's the best way to get bird crap and bugs off the paint?

jerdog
06-29-2006, 04:34 PM
I have a brand new red element and it seems where i work at the damn birds must think my car is a bull's eye. and I have tried parking everywhere!!! would baby wipes work, or would they do more damage than good. or is there something better out there I could use in between washes? thanks in advance.

BILL
06-29-2006, 05:26 PM
I have a brand new red element and it seems where i work at the damn birds must think my car is a bull's eye. and I have tried parking everywhere!!! would baby wipes work, or would they do more damage than good. or is there something better out there I could use in between washes? thanks in advance.

Dont know about anyone else but i just quirt with water and do a qiuck QD and that's it:)

3Dog
06-29-2006, 05:31 PM
I keep a small spray bottle of Optimum NRWS with me to hit them as soon as I see them.

ScottB
06-29-2006, 05:32 PM
keep a microfiber, a bottle of Quikdetailer in a bag in the trunk. Wipe up as soon as possible. I might suggest using some Optimum or DP Rinseless Wash for heavier droppings.

abrcrombe
06-29-2006, 06:55 PM
I have heard a theory that birds tend to poop on red cars more often. I use QD and MF asap.

FloridaNative
06-29-2006, 07:31 PM
I use a baby wipe to wipe off the crap itself so I can throw that bad boy away and then QD the spot. I like Killrwheels suggestion of using a waterless wash Poorboy's spray and wipe is a really good one too. :)

dakevmann
06-29-2006, 07:58 PM
I agree a MF and A QD will do the trick I use Poorboys Spray and Wipe seems to do the trick for me bug splater and bird poop.

supercharged
06-29-2006, 10:27 PM
One very important task that wasn't mentioned is to make sure you have at least one(better two) coat(s) of sealant on you paint. I highly suggest Wolfgang Deep Gloss paint sealant. That will at least slow down those acids from penetrating through your clearcoat.
Second, yes, keep a quick detailer and some microfibers in your trunk, and wipe crap off ASAP.
Using any kind of bug/tar removers will remove your sealant, so stay away from them, unless it's absolutely necessary.

FloridaNative
06-30-2006, 06:50 AM
I agree with Supercharged, but would just add sealant or wax. I usually have several layers of wax on my car at any given time. Not only does it give a barrier of protection, the bird poops comes right very easily too! :)

wytstang
06-30-2006, 05:01 PM
If you want email Poorboys and get some some Bird Sh#t remover. It's basically a consentrated version of S&W. He you used to sell it on his web site but now it's only available through emails/pm's until it's all gone.

jerdog
06-30-2006, 07:53 PM
what is his web address? thanks

jerdog
06-30-2006, 08:03 PM
never mind I found it.

wytstang
06-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Go to detailcity and look at Poorboys forum, look for warehouse clearance more info on Bird Sh#t remover is in there (http://www.detailcity.org/forums/poorboysworld-com-sponsored-forum/9371-warehouse-clearance-sale-continues.html)