PDA

View Full Version : What to buy?

Pages : [1] 2

Kodiak2314
01-29-2017, 03:25 PM
Thought I would take advantage of the sell this weekend and pick up a few items. What are some of your favorite products to use? I have a PC and use merzerna and duragloss products mostly.

dlc95
01-29-2017, 04:40 PM
If you haven't used Lake Country Hydrotech pads with your Menzerna, you might really like that combo.

I team up Menzerna with Duragloss sealants - often while using the Porter Cable 7424xp.

If I'm not using that, it's Meguiar's on Buff and Shine pads.

BrutalNoodle
01-29-2017, 05:50 PM
I always grab (at least) a box of Orange Heavy Duty Nitrile Gloves (http://www.autogeek.net/orange-nitrile-gloves.html) whenever a big sale comes along.

Love 'em.

Kodiak2314
01-29-2017, 06:32 PM
Thanks guys I heard were people liked those pads. Anything else I'm missing out on, not really into coating because my body work isn't perfect.

Souldetailer
01-29-2017, 07:33 PM
I agree with dlc on the pads and maybe some mf towels. You can never have too many of either. Maybe something to keep the pads clean. If you take proper care of them, they will last. With sales I try to fill some holes in the arsenal and maybe treating myself to something I've been wanting. Good luck.

Peace,

Darrin

Eldorado2k
01-30-2017, 12:32 AM
I finally pulled the trigger on a gallon of Mckee's Tire & Rubber Rejuvenator. 25% off + free bonus 4oz. bottle of Mckee's Tire Coating included :)

pheerix
01-30-2017, 01:01 AM
CarPro Ech2O. 1L size is back in stock.

BrutalNoodle
01-30-2017, 01:01 AM
Nice!

I went with; a box of orange gloves, High-Intensity APC double gal combo, and a gallon of PB Spray & Wipe.

Also expecting 2 gallons of N-914 on Wednesday. Can't wait to play around with the mixture. I'm going to do a 1:16 & 1:32 for 'waterless' wheel cleaning.

osiapstndp
01-30-2017, 01:02 AM
I finally pulled the trigger on a gallon of Mckee's Tire & Rubber Rejuvenator. 25% off + free bonus 4oz. bottle of Mckee's Tire Coating included :)
My first gallon of that Mckee's product was a dud. I tried it on several sets of tires and the stuff just wouldn't do anything - it didn't "foam up," remove blooming, or do much of anything except act like water. I called Auto Geek and they happily sent out another gallon and this one works much better. I find that letting the product dwell is definitely helpful, but letting it dwell for too long makes it difficult to remove off of a sidewall. If the tire is in the sun it seems easier to just do more applications rather than try to let the liquid dwell for a long time. I'm interested to know what you think of it.

Eldorado2k
01-30-2017, 01:09 AM
My first gallon of that Mckee's product was a dud. I tried it on several sets of tires and the stuff just wouldn't do anything - it didn't "foam up," remove blooming, or do much of anything except act like water. I called Auto Geek and they happily sent out another gallon and this one works much better. I find that letting the product dwell is definitely helpful, but letting it dwell for too long makes it difficult to remove off of a sidewall. If the tire is in the sun it seems easier to just do more applications rather than try to let the liquid dwell for a long time. I'm interested to know what you think of it.

Hmm, that's alot of useful information I hadn't heard anywhere before.. Crossing my fingers because I've got high hopes for this bad boy.. It's not everyday I pull the trigger on a gallon of dedicated tire cleaner ya know.
Mainly looking forward to using this as prep for tire coating details in place of my regular maintenance tire cleaner/Megs D143, which I'll still be using for most deals including my own tires for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone

Eldorado2k
01-30-2017, 01:21 AM
High-Intensity APC double gal combo.

That stuff's become my go to carpet & matt cleaner @4:1. Proper strength for carpets at that dilution + it's residue free which is ideal.
I'm about to do the matts from the Kia now that it's finally quit raining down here.. They'll be dry and ready for tomorrow mornin.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170130/4ad253a73f66199dd78834f818b4ed8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

BrutalNoodle
01-30-2017, 01:36 AM
I like the fact that you could use it on glass.

I actually want to see how much junk it would pull off from the inside windshield. Not having to worry about etching/staining the instrument cluster is a big plus.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
01-31-2017, 08:24 PM
Hmm, that's alot of useful information I hadn't heard anywhere before.. Crossing my fingers because I've got high hopes for this bad boy.. It's not everyday I pull the trigger on a gallon of dedicated tire cleaner ya know.
Mainly looking forward to using this as prep for tire coating details in place of my regular maintenance tire cleaner/Megs D143, which I'll still be using for most deals including my own tires for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone

One thing I learned from talking with Nick. Is that the "tire cleaners" we have been accustomed to using, seeing brown being removed was actually doing more harm than good.

Tires contain antiozonants, uv absorbers , and rubber conditioners. And using harmful degreaser and all purpose cleaners, cause all of those to leach out of the tire. Causing your tire to "brown"

Ever have a pretty clean tire and use a powerful degreaser and see alot of brown ? That's the harmful chemicals doing more damage than good.

You will see alot of degreaser and all purpose cleaner at an amazing price point, and that is due to the inexpensive high octane chemicals that are used in them.

I myself have been using inexpensive degreaser and all purpose cleaner for years, and I noticed my tires look so dry and thirsty afterwards. That is because I have been using harmful inexpensive chemical on my tires.

Think of it like using dish soap on your properly polished and sealed of coated paint. We would never do that correct ? Same concept on your paint. The cheap all purpose and degreaser we been using are doing more damage and stripping are tire protection.

So yes tire and rubber rejuvenator is different, it is not going to turn brown, because it is helping your tires and rejuvenating them. Not stripping them.

I noticed after using McKee's tire and rubber rejuvenator, My tires looked hydrated.

When Nick shared all of this with me it changed my whole outlook.

Tire and rubber rejuvenator is an amazing product. What I love about it most is that you don't have to rinse it off with a hose. You can wipe it with a towel of spray some water or waterless wash to remove.

It also plays really nice for rinseless washes.

So I hope this helps and opens your eyes like it did to mine.

I actually messed up the tires on my jeep. They look dry and have a gray look to them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BrutalNoodle
01-31-2017, 08:45 PM
That's some interesting info. Thanks for sharing, Joe.

osiapstndp
02-01-2017, 12:55 AM
So I hope this helps and opens your eyes like it did to mine.

Joe, that is great information! I'll keep this in mind the next time I use the product. Today I started working on a Charger but I cleaned the tires before reading your post. On my next one I'll use the McKee's tire rejuvenator and I'll definitely try out your suggestions. Thanks again!