PDA

View Full Version : Wax Spray - query post wash

Jmbrown415
01-29-2017, 12:04 PM
Hi all,

Hope you are keeping busy detailing.

My daily is done now, corrected, glazed and sealed.

Quick one, have adopted a two weekly wash. 1 wash normal without spray wax, then 2 weeks later wash with spray wax. ( although raining all the time currently, my car is just ridiculously dirty, even though I washed it last week. )

My car wash takes a while. I use auto finesse ph neutral shampoo which is awesome. However, I blot and dab when drying to avoid the risk of scratching. Takes a while but ok if you have 2 towels. Black Audis are a nightmare, hard paint to cut but easily scratches as you probably know.

I use madcow violet spray wax which is very good however, I seem to have a tendency to leave some residue. Instead of just using microfibre towels do any of you use an applicator pad, i.e. Just a black pad to rub in straight lines and then buff off remaining residue?

Generally use 3 sprays for small panels and 5 for bigger panels i.e. Door/bonnet.

Thanks & Best Wishes

Justin

Mantilgh
01-29-2017, 04:28 PM
I prefer just to use a towel to spread spray waxes, I seems less tedious that way to me, and towels can be more plush. Nothing super super plush, say around 350-400 gsm.

Plenty of good spray waxes out there if you're looking to top it every other week.

Meguiars D156, or the consumer version Ultimate Quik Wax is a great one that is easy to use.

Or maybe a wash & wax product = one less touch.

Desertnate
01-30-2017, 09:25 AM
I do the same thing. Simply spray lightly and spread/buff with a MF towel.

I'm not familiar with the product being described, but the amount being sprayed seems really heavy and might be the root of the application problem. I'll typically use two sprays for a door, one for a fender/quarter panel, and around four for a hood (bonnet)/roof. To prevent the towel from dragging across the paint, I'll give the surface that will spread the wax a spray or two as well when I start. After that it absorbs enough product to prevent any dragging.