PDA

View Full Version : Order being shipped by FedEx

Pages : [1] 2

Mantilgh
01-26-2017, 03:56 PM
I know some have complained that UPS is not the shipper they would prefer.

Well it seems that PBMG is now using FedEx. I'm not sure if it will be solely FedEx or how that's works.

They definitely seem to have faster shipping times according to their estimate. I got my shipping notification today and it says it should be delivered Saturday. :dblthumb2:

jcaustin87
01-26-2017, 10:11 PM
I've started prefering fedex of UPS in the last couple of years. Not sure what happened, but it seems like UPS kind of fell off.

custmsprty
01-26-2017, 10:33 PM
UPS damages way too much stuff. I've had a number of cutomers receive totally mangeled shipments in the past few weeks, which is nothing new to our business. And if the customer signs for it instead of refusing it, oh well, good luck with that.

It just seems to me based upon my experience over many years UPS beats the heck out of stuff. FedEx shipments seem to get a better treatment.

And please note, none of my comments are related to any AG shipments I've received but many cusotmer complaints to the company I work for and personal experience receiving shipments from UPS. The boxes always seem to have some sort of damage.

oldmodman
01-27-2017, 12:34 AM
I rally like my FedEx driver.
He always puts my packages way up on my porch so that walker byes can't see them (and steal them).
The damn USPS employees leave them on my bottom step. Where they just scream "STEAL ME" Plus they get rained on there.
Bad Postman! No Cookie!

BillE
01-27-2017, 08:10 AM
I rally like my FedEx driver.
He always puts my packages way up on my porch so that walker byes can't see them (and steal them).
The damn USPS employees leave them on my bottom step. Where they just scream "STEAL ME" Plus they get rained on there.
Bad Postman! No Cookie!

I think a lot has to do with where ya live.

Living in 'Smallville', the UPS, USPS, FedEx, and anyone else puts the packages in the garage. I was VERY surprised when we first moved back here and finding the stuff in the garage. Completely opposite from when I lived in Seattle. It was like you have...packages there for the taking.

I will explain that probably 90% of the homes here have an actual entrance door in the garages (along with the real garage door) and use that door for home entry vice the 'front door'. So it's pretty convenient for the delivery folks.

Bill

LittleKing24
01-27-2017, 08:22 AM
I sure hope this is the case. I usually get my packages delivered by UPS around 8 days after clicking the take my money button(Houston). I've never had an issue with FedEx to date

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

BudgetPlan1
01-27-2017, 10:02 AM
I sure hope this is the case. I usually get my packages delivered by UPS around 8 days after clicking the take my money button(Houston). I've never had an issue with FedEx to date

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

The 8-day 'click to get' was pretty much standard previously (to Ohio) but they seem to be getting quicker lately; maybe becuase it's the 'off season' for some of us so the volume of orders is maybe down, dunno. They sure seemed to have listened to the S/H cost concerns though as they've been having a flat rate shipping sale seemingly every weekend lately.

Another item I have noticed is that the order status page under My Account doesn't seem to be updating with Order Status/Shipment/Tracking info. Get the e-mail notification but the order status page never reflects it (since beginning of December).

PA DETAILER
01-27-2017, 01:52 PM
Fed-x for the win!

vanev
01-27-2017, 02:37 PM
I have no issues with UPS.
They have done a great job for me.

If something is different now, as in a higher number of damages or claims than previous years, then something has changed within the company.
Most likely:
- Higher demand on production (Bills Per Hour).
- Raised expectations and/or quotas for the weight of each truck leaving each terminal.
- Workforce reduction(layoffs, forced retirements, etc).

Keep in mind that a trend in the freight business, as with other industries that employee a lot of labor workforce, is a move to a majority part time staff.
Most freight handlers moving freight across docks these days are part time.
It is not uncommon to have a staff of 75% or higher of part time only employees.

Also keep in mind that the freight business is on the job training.
Lot of people working on docks have never moved freight before, or even driven a forklift.
Spring and early summer are the hiring seasons for the freight business.
Lots of torn up freight in the spring and early summer.

DetailKitty
01-27-2017, 03:48 PM
UPS is OK.
But I like how FedEx delivers on Saturdays to residential addresses.

Bill1234
01-31-2017, 10:43 AM
I have never had anything damaged by autogeek and ups so luck for me I guess. However, some have which kinda sucks. Im in CT and from FL to CT in shipping its about a week with UPS so thats another week of waiting....imagine if someone else had a business and they needed that product.

UPS around me has been nice but people do take packages. In some locations, UPS throws the package like a football. Fedex places them at the door nicely and seems to have better shipping times. What kills me too is the shipping charges for some of this stuff

karl1672
02-09-2017, 10:47 AM
Since I live 65 miles from Stuart, UPS orders used to take a couple of days. With FedEx, I placed an order Monday morning and got it 24 hours later. Can't get much better than that.

Coopers ST
02-09-2017, 10:52 AM
What I like about FedEx over ups. With fedex if your order gets to your local distribution center they will deliver sooner than the x days the schedule is for. Ups will hold it there till the x day.

hammer7151
02-09-2017, 12:41 PM
What I like about FedEx over ups. With fedex if your order gets to your local distribution center they will deliver sooner than the x days the schedule is for. Ups will hold it there till the x day.
Not here. My packages sit at the hub for days sometimes even a week with FedEx. I'm waiting for them to charge me storage fees. UPS all the way. I know the driver by name and my packages always come early with UPS.

dlc95
02-09-2017, 01:11 PM
My deliveries have been arriving in a much more timely manner.