PDA

View Full Version : Iron-X eats it's bottle

DetailKitty
01-26-2017, 09:44 AM
Anyone else have issues with their Iron-X bottles leaking?
Every single bottle I've owned has ended up leaking and I've had to throw it out.

Just happened again yesterday... came home and my garage smelled like rotten eggs... I knew right away it was the Iron-X. Had to throw the remainder of the bottle out.

mwoolfso
01-26-2017, 10:12 AM
Call Corey. https://www.carpro-us.com/

DetailKitty
01-26-2017, 10:34 AM
Call Corey. https://www.carpro-us.com/

Cool, I will. Thx!

TTQ B4U
01-26-2017, 01:52 PM
I noticed this too but I noticed it was leaking hrough the sprayer. Not sure if it was at the connection to the bottle or the spray nozzle but it would leak even if the nozzle spray was set to off and the gasket on the bottle / sprayer was in place.

The solution I've found is to keep the seal top that ships with it, remove the sprayer, empty the sprayer and rinse it after I"m done by spraying pure water through it. I then store the sprayer off the sealed bottle and simply install it upon use again.

Zero issues since. IMO it seems to be building up pressure and seeping out or something. I no longer see issues.

DetailKitty
01-26-2017, 04:40 PM
I noticed this too but I noticed it was leaking hrough the sprayer. Not sure if it was at the connection to the bottle or the spray nozzle but it would leak even if the nozzle spray was set to off and the gasket on the bottle / sprayer was in place.

The solution I've found is to keep the seal top that ships with it, remove the sprayer, empty the sprayer and rinse it after I"m done by spraying pure water through it. I then store the sprayer off the sealed bottle and simply install it upon use again.

Zero issues since. IMO it seems to be building up pressure and seeping out or something. I no longer see issues.

Interesting... I may try this first and see what happens. I have a new bottle not opened yet that's fine, so I'll keep the sprayer off it for the time being.
Thx for the tip!

umana2482
01-26-2017, 04:52 PM
I have a bottle I bought about 2 years ago and have not had any issues with the bottle or the sprayer leaking. First time I hear someone with this problem.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

DetailKitty
01-26-2017, 06:49 PM
I have a bottle I bought about 2 years ago and have not had any issues with the bottle or the sprayer leaking. First time I hear someone with this problem.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Had it been the first time I wouldn't think anything of it, but it's seriously been every bottle.

Helltopay
01-26-2017, 06:56 PM
I haven't had an issue with IronX leaking either from the spray bottle or the 1 liter refill. I wonder if it might have something to do with temperature? Do you store it in relatively climate controlled area?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

DaveT435
01-26-2017, 10:20 PM
Did it get warmer today than it has been? Sounds like maybe extreme temperature change might be part of the problem??

oldmodman
01-27-2017, 12:30 AM
Nope.
I bought a bottle and a big refill at the same time. Within three months of them being released.
No leaks at all. And I have refilled the spray bottle at least five times.

Avi@CarPro
01-27-2017, 04:38 AM

Follow as mentioned above, we supply normal sealing cap, child safe and a spray trigger, once you finished using seal it back with the safety cap and nothing will drip or leak, IronX doesnt melt plastic

DetailKitty
01-27-2017, 11:37 AM
No extreme temp changes... my garage is somewhat climate controlled.
I'm going to keep the sealing cap this time and just put it back on when it's being stored.

Junkyard
02-11-2017, 07:10 PM
Both bottles I've had discolour themselves something fierce, but no leaks. I also remove the sprayer and put the cap back on to stop the odour from permeating my workshop area.

cyclops
02-12-2017, 12:00 AM
Have a bottle that sat in the garage over the summer in Vegas with no issues so may not be temperature related.
Do appreciate the heads up for the potential leakage issue. Followed pdqgp's suggestion, removed the sprayer, put on a screw cap. Also set it in a plastic bowl just in case.
Thanks for the heads up, great product just have to store it properly I guess.