PDA

View Full Version : Lexol Leather Care Products...?

Bernard
11-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Hi there all. I am interested in Lexol Leather Products. Does anyone of you all have used this products..? The 8 oz. bottle packing ones.

I have read the AG Lexol page. What I'm not sure of is the Lexol Leather Conditioner and Lexol Neatfoot Leather Dressing....? Do I need the 2 items....? To work together...?

Ok. So let's say I use the Lexol Leather Cleaner. Then I need to use the Conditioner and then lastly the Dressing...? Is this the correct way..?

2nd last question. I don't like to have shinny and greasy leather. I like my leather seat to have a natural mat leather look. So would the Lexol Dressing make the leather look shinny and greasy..? Any recommendations? Lastly, how about Leatherique Leather Care products?

Gratefully. Bernard.

gary26
11-16-2007, 12:48 AM
I haven't used Lexol but I have used Leatherique. I was really impressed with Leatherique. It is a lot of work to apply and has specific instructions. Go to the Leatherique site and you'll find tons of info there. What kind of car do you have ? Many cars have different types of leather, you'll need to know what type of leather you have, coated or uncoated.

dontsleeponit
11-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Bernard, until recently Ive used Lexol exclusively. I must say, I am very satisfied with the cleaner and conditioner. I have never used the neatsfoot stuff, it is just an additional product, it is not necessary to follow the conditioner with it. I have the pump spray bottles too btw.

The lexol never leaves a shiny finish, it dries well and is never greasy. The cleaner, IMO, is mild. The conditioner leaves the leather noticeably more supple. The seats in my car are stiffer then most to begin with, so I am looking for a conditioner that will soften even more.

I have the Vinylex as well, although I dont use it anymore. It left the dash a tad too shiny for me, and it didn't seem to last long. I tired it on exterior rubber trim and it got brown on me too. There are better vinyl/rubber/plastic dressings if you ask me (optimum and 303).

Bottom line, Lexol comes recommended by alot of leather people, I think it is fairly well respected in the leather industry as a good product, and the price is very nice as well.

Jimmie
11-16-2007, 01:23 AM
I've used both also. In fact if I run into a tough stain I'll reach for the Lexol Cleaner first. The Conditioner I don't think is as good as the boutique ones but close. I've also used the Vinylex on vinyl golf cart seats. It is impressive. Leaves them a lot more soft and supple.

Bernard
11-16-2007, 02:26 AM
Thank you kindly. Yes the thing that I'm looking for is to make the leather seat more soft & supple.

I usually use my Megs GC Rich Leather cleaner/conditioner once or twice a month. Altho I'm quite satisfied with it, I would love to try others like Lexol or Leatherique. I like to make them even more soft and supple.

Many cars have different types of leather, you'll need to know what type of leather you have, coated or uncoated.gary26, On the coated or uncoated...? I must go and find out. I have no idea what kind are my seats?

My car is 24/7 parked outside and it is exposed to a lot of heat and sun. So I am trying to maintain the seat as good as I can. Altho I would much prefer to have fabric seat now. Leather seats are not so good for our hot country in Malaysia. Sometimes the leather seats can be very hot and can burn my a##. :)

Gratefully. :)

ScottB
11-16-2007, 07:27 AM
I used Lexol many years ago and there is absolutely no fault in the product. I have however moved to boutique products (Pinnacle, Four Star, Connolly) that do everything a little better.

Leathrique is really for neglected leather and leather needing some help. Its a messy process, but works extremely well for a once a year boost.

As for coated/uncoated leather. Most car leather is coated with a plastic type product to reduce spills, UV damage, and generally it makes the leather stiffer and less pliable. In this case the protectant used is mostly going to help with UV protection and you may not note a significant change in feel. Most cars with uncoated leather are marked or warning in owners manual.

dontsleeponit
11-16-2007, 01:00 PM
My car is 24/7 parked outside and it is exposed to a lot of heat and sun. So I am trying to maintain the seat as good as I can. Altho I would much prefer to have fabric seat now. Leather seats are not so good for our hot country in Malaysia. Sometimes the leather seats can be very hot and can burn my a##.

Window tint will help your situation ALOT. The tint will help keep the car cool, and keep the sun from drying out the leather too quickly. Believe me it will make a HUGE difference. It doesnt even have to be very dark tint to help alot.

Im getting 20% on my car because I like the look, but even 50% should help alot for you.

2KLS1
11-16-2007, 01:24 PM
I've used the Lexol cleaner and conditioner for years now and they work just fine. I noticed that AG doesn't sell it for some reason but 1Z Einszett has what I think is a good cleaner/conditioner, its for coated leather only though. I use this now instead of the Lexol conditioner because I didn't care for the smell anymore. I still use the Lexol cleaner though if the seats get a little dirty. As far as Leatherique, and I may be wrong on this, is better suited for uncoated leather. At least that's what I've read.

P1et
11-16-2007, 02:11 PM
As far as over the counter is concerned, you cannot beat it.

Excessive Detail
11-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Love the brand, both cleaner and dressing work very well.

zaxjax
11-16-2007, 09:08 PM
I have used Lexol and was very happy with the results. I hear great things about Pinnacle and would love to try it.

Bernard
11-16-2007, 11:06 PM
I used Lexol many years ago and there is absolutely no fault in the product. I have however moved to boutique products (Pinnacle, Four Star, Connolly) that do everything a little better.Oh i see, sorry for my misunderstanding. All this while I thought that Lexol was a specialize product and better than other boutique products leather conditioner offering. Hehe. :) I will have to look into those killrwheels mentioned.

Window tint will help your situation ALOT. The tint will help keep the car cool, and keep the sun from drying out the leather too quickly. Believe me it will make a HUGE difference. It doesnt even have to be very dark tint to help alot.Yes my car has tinted glass but not very good. There's a lot of brands in the market and it's hard to find the right brand that really performs on par on what the tinted glass shops claims. Most of their ads are very good and convincing. :)

I think I might try the Lexol cleaner and conditioner 8oz. btls ones. Thank you all for your views and recommendations. I'm planning an order together with the Foamaster & etc. :)

LuxuryAutoSpa
04-25-2012, 09:11 PM
thinking the same thing about the lexol products, read go reviews so i think i'm going to give it a try