PDA

View Full Version : is there such a thing?

Pages : [1] 2

jerdog
06-29-2006, 04:29 PM
I was wondering if they make an electric air blower (small) for getting out all the water after you wash your car? like around the windows and all the cracks thanks.

Neothin
06-29-2006, 04:31 PM
sure, check out the smaller wet/dry vacuums. most detach and are able to be used as an electric blower.

Surfer
06-29-2006, 04:34 PM
I have an electric blower that works almost as strong as a gas. Works great for exactly what you noted. I don't know how some people can just use towels to dry say something like a truck/suv. On all our trucks/suv's we've had water seems to stay in or around the rubber seals for the windows or hang on and drip eventually. I'd have to go over with a towel pry 20 times lol. Blower get's it right out of the nooks and crannies and away from teh seals/molding around my windows where you can't really see it yet it drips no matter how much I dry with a towel.

BILL
06-29-2006, 04:35 PM
:) Leaf blower.......works great......

jerdog
06-29-2006, 04:37 PM
my problems exactly surfer. i just bought a new element and it leaks like crazy. and thanks. any suggestions from the smaller wet/dry vacs.

BILL
06-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Sears Has Them Cheap.......

Surfer
06-29-2006, 04:49 PM
my problems exactly surfer. i just bought a new element and it leaks like crazy. and thanks. any suggestions from the smaller wet/dry vacs.Can't remember what mine is called, have to check when I get home. Mines not like a little portable one though, it's actually an electric leaf blower like the gas ones lanscapers use.

BlackCoupe
06-29-2006, 05:25 PM
my problems exactly surfer. i just bought a new element and it leaks like crazy. and thanks. any suggestions from the smaller wet/dry vacs.

I got an electric leaf blower for about $49 bucks at Lowes.

ScottB
06-29-2006, 05:30 PM
I got a 220MPH Hedge Hawg .... but saw a nice little battery operated blower at Sharper Image. Dont remember if it had the power !

Reddwarf
06-29-2006, 07:41 PM
I'd really like to get a compressor. You can get small ones and then you can fill your tires, football, basketball, inflatable dolls, etc.

BILL
06-29-2006, 07:51 PM
[quote=Reddwarf]I'd really like to get a compressor. You can get small ones and then you can fill your tires, football, basketball, inflatable dolls, etc.

The best investment i made

AirMan Air Compressor - Portable and Rechargeable

great...........:cheers:

ScottB
06-30-2006, 06:11 AM
careful with compressors, they spit some oil in the air they release. In some cases you might have less than desirable effects on your paint.

twinkride101
06-30-2006, 02:56 PM
I have a compressor but it is just as easy to use my Metro-Vac & Blow. It is a great vac and blows very well. :D You know what I mean

Neothin
06-30-2006, 03:23 PM
I haven't had any issues with my rigid wet/dry vac, and it gets used alot! the 265 mph blower is a godsend when I'm trying to dry off a big truck/suv. plus it'll dry the tires quickly so i dont have to wait around to dress them.

the 6.5 horsepower also gives me all the suction that I'll ever need for doing carpets. even carpets that i've taken a garden hose to to rinse out have ended up being just slightly damp to the touch after vacuuming.

Ridebyshootings
06-30-2006, 08:02 PM
electrci leaf blower works well on my motorcycle. If you look into the bikenet off the autogeek homepage you can buy a better version of the blower. Also try a local motorcycle shop in your area. Andrew