PDA

View Full Version : Paint coating

shroom2112
01-23-2017, 09:54 AM
I recently purchased Blackfire Crystal cain't coating kit. I followed all directions. When I applied material it seemed to go one to thick.i only used two drops on pad. Product also dry so fast I could smooth it properly. It was almost like a gum. What am I doing wrong. I applied it in shade and outside temps about 65 deg.

The Guz
01-23-2017, 11:22 AM
You are not the first one to have this problem. There is an issue with it. PM Meghan as Nick is no longer with Autogeek.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/89898-%2Anew%2A-blackfire-crystal-coat-paint-coating-20.html#post1442160

Desertnate
01-23-2017, 12:11 PM
I experienced the same thing, but binned my bottle and moved on to McKee's 37 coating. Nick made mention of a possible new formula before he moved on, but there hasn't been any signs of an easier to use version.

MattPersman
01-23-2017, 12:19 PM
Welcome to blackfire coating. May work the first try out of some of the bottles but some bottles didn't work at all from the start.

I emailed blackfire over a year ago got a couple initial replies back then nothing. No replacement no credit no nothing :thumbs Down:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSKR
01-23-2017, 01:44 PM
Go with the gyeon serious great coating.kinda pricey but you get what you pay for.

shroom2112
01-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Kinda pissed the black fire kit a bought cost me 100. And crap don't work. It's like sap. I will stick to my Pinnicale wax

C5Longhorn
01-25-2017, 10:13 PM
I would try to get a refund or another sample of the product. Have you called customer service?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

rbss
01-25-2017, 10:57 PM
Yep same happen to me lucky It was a free sample. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong lol.

GSKR
01-26-2017, 07:06 AM
I recently purchased Blackfire Crystal cain't coating kit. I followed all directions. When I applied material it seemed to go one to thick.i only used two drops on pad. Product also dry so fast I could smooth it properly. It was almost like a gum. What am I doing wrong. I applied it in shade and outside temps about 65 deg.I have some gtech crystal serum unopened bottles.Pm me and I will send you a bottle for free.

GSKR
01-26-2017, 07:09 AM
Ridiculously easy to use and stunning shine and protection.

Desertnate
01-26-2017, 08:44 AM
Kinda pissed the black fire kit a bought cost me 100. And crap don't work. It's like sap. I will stick to my Pinnicale wax

My thoughts too. However, I got great mileage out of the spray wax and car shampoo. Both are pretty good. I think there are better products out there, but none of the items in the kit are worth tossing other than the coating. Use them and enjoy.

I would try to get a refund or another sample of the product. Have you called customer service?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This is probably the best answer. If the purchase is recent, they will hopefully work with you. If you can swap it for McKee's 37 coating, I'd go that way. It's a totally different experience...for the better!

After all the complaints and problems with this product, I'm actually surprised they still offer it for sale.

HateSwirls
01-29-2017, 10:54 AM
I never had issues when using it except when the shelf life expires.
Might have a bad bottle.
It's one of the easiest coatings to apply, Nick with Autogeek talked me into buying it, glad he did.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Desertnate
01-30-2017, 09:48 AM
I never had issues when using it except when the shelf life expires.
Might have a bad bottle.
It's one of the easiest coatings to apply, Nick with Autogeek talked me into buying it, glad he did.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

This makes me wonder if they have a packaging problem with this product. It's pretty clear the coating has a VERY short shelf life, so if there are leaks in the packaging it could have a significant impact on the user experience. There seems to be good number of people who have all encountered very similar symptoms, which could all point to a common problem with either packaging or product. I bought my bottle a few months after the product was revealed and my first attempt was only a week or two after receiving it in the mail. That should have been well within the shelf life of the product if sealed properly.

I watched YouTube video's on applying the coating, so there is evidence of it working properly...for some. My experience was like trying to spread a very sticky adhesive. It would flash almost instantly on contact with the surface.