PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs product advice (MF and polish)

speedz350
11-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi all,

I have been here as a lurker for a long time and never posted because whatever question I could come up with, the "SEARCH" button answered. :awesome: But this time around I need some help.

I am looking to buy some detailing goods and have around 100$ to spend(flexible). I have decided upon the Klasses twins(33 oz) each and also want a pure wax caranuba. But not able to decide which one is the better buy. I already have Meguiar's Liquid Gold Caranuba but find that it dulls the finish more than I like. Now my questions are;
Which wax would be a better topper off after using the Klasse twins?
Which microfiber towels to buy? I had decided upon Cobra Utra plush Jr. and Cobra Miracle Towel and the Cora Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Triple Pack. But read so many confusing posts about the cobra towels linting that I am wary of buying them.Would I be better off buying from somewhere else? I am looking for at least 6 to 8 quality MF and don't mind paying slightly higher cost for peace of mind. :-)Any and all help appreciated.

cls
11-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Hi speedz350. klasse twins user here. My suggestions are souveran,s100,nattys or collinite 915/845.For MF,Ive been using ultra plush jr and no problems so far.Goodluck!

Jimmie
11-16-2007, 01:29 AM
Pinnacle Sig Series II is on sale right now. The Cobra Edgeless and Jrs will do everything you need for waxing; QDing.

Tonya
11-16-2007, 07:29 AM
Speedz350 could you tell everyone what color your car is and where you live, please. I think that will help others to recommend the right wax for your topper. Are you going to be dealing with winter snow and salt on the roads? If you are facing old man winter the twins and collinite 845 is what I have done. Best of luck to you and :welcome: to AG!

ScottB
11-16-2007, 11:32 PM
I would get Sig Series II, Nattys Red, or DP Max Wax to use over the Klasse Twins personally. Souveran is too much bling-bling based upon your current budget. For towels I would get a Guzzler (drying), a couple jrs or white/red stitch combo (qding), and a couple Edgeless (wax/polish removal). Keep them stored in seperate zip-locks and wash together without any additional laundry and you should be fine.

speedz350
11-20-2007, 04:41 AM
Thanks for the responses. This forum rocks. :-)
I do agree that the budget seems a little bit of a constraint :-). Hoping to up the budget and then make the purchase. :-)

THENIZZZEIL
11-20-2007, 05:02 AM
I LOVE THE EDGELESS TOWELS
nice tight weave and gets all the wax/sealnt off in a swipe..also, no streaking!