PDA

View Full Version : mckees new waterless wash 4 in 1 product

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

fightnews
01-20-2017, 05:13 PM
i see this much anticipated product has just come out, it looks interesting, they claim it can remove polishing and compounding oils i might just get it for that. i know the dilution rate is stronger but i don't see how it could remove polishing oils and compound residue yet still leave a natural carnuba wax totally unchanged? i thought anything strong enough to remove those things will also remove wax. what do you think? are there any gloss enhancers in this thing?

The Guz
01-20-2017, 05:18 PM
Compounds and polishes are water soluble where as waxes, sealants and coatings are not. That's just my thinking.

Mantilgh
01-20-2017, 05:42 PM
Need some links.

McKee’s 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash (http://www.autogeek.net/mckees-rinseless-wash.html)

McKee’s 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash 128 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/mckees-rinseless-wash-128.html)

I can't wait to try it out.

Edit, here's what it says about gloss enhancers at the end of the description.

"When diluted accordingly, McKee’s 37 N-914 will not alter the look or feel of your paint coating, paint sealant or carnauba wax – this highly concentrated formula does not contain protective polymers or glossing agents and leaves you with only a purely cleaned surface."

jcaustin87
01-20-2017, 07:05 PM
Its kind of funny, that its N-914. A tip of the hat do D-114?

FUNX650
01-20-2017, 07:11 PM
i see this much anticipated product has
just come out, it looks interesting,

they claim it can remove polishing
and compounding oils i might just
get it for that. i know the dilution rate
is stronger

but i don't see how it could remove
polishing oils and compound residue
yet still leave a natural carnuba wax
totally unchanged?

i thought anything strong enough to
remove those things will also remove wax.

what do you think?

•Concentrates' "strengths" are determined
by the correlation between specific tasks,
and their manufacturers' recommended
dilution ratios---the dilution ratios that
they have foreordained that'll best perform
those specific tasks.

are there any gloss enhancers in this thing?

No.

Bob

Rsurfer
01-20-2017, 07:17 PM
Compounds and polishes are water soluble where as waxes, sealants and coatings are not. That's just my thinking.

Meguiar's and Menzerna compounds and polishes do not have oils?

kevincwelch
01-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Perhaps it has to do with the bonding of the previously applied wax or sealant that allows it to escape the polish removal.

I'm willing to bet that if this truly is strong enough to clean away polish oils it can deteriorate a fresh coat of wax.

Nevertheless, I'm jazzed up about this product and will definitely be placing a gallon in my next AG order.

1/2 the price of Uber too.

Klasse Act
01-20-2017, 07:47 PM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-the-big-day-has-come.png

Klasse Act
01-20-2017, 07:53 PM
I was expecting there to be an official thread!

Well as one of the beta testers for this product all I can say is it WILL meet or exceed your expectations. You can "see the clean", if that makes any sense to you. I should also mention that when you mix this product that it foams, just like D114 and will almost disappear in the bucket, so don't worry there. I say this assuming that the beta ends up being the same as we all tested, I can't see them adding more dye or whatever gives it the color to keep people happy in that respect.

I see they offer a smaller size and that's cool for noobs or those curious or on the fence about it but I can assure you this, if you clean your car on a regular basis, get the gallon, trust me:dblthumb2:

Klasse Act
01-20-2017, 07:56 PM
http://static6.depositphotos.com/1005979/577/i/950/depositphotos_5777376-Speedometer---Exceeding-Expectations-of-Your-Customers.jpg

Nick McKees37
01-20-2017, 07:57 PM
Its kind of funny, that its N-914. A tip of the hat do D-114?

Funny you should mention that, as it is purely a coincidence. 914 represents something special, and that will be revealed at a later date. ;)

I'm willing to bet that if this truly is strong enough to clean away polish oils it can deteriorate a fresh coat of wax.

Kevin,

Yes, and no....at the recommended rinseless or waterless dolution, N-914 is not going to diminish your wax/sealant. The recommended dilution for paint prep is much, much more concentrated, which will have an effect on your wax/sealant. Keep in mind that the paint prep dilution is designed to remove polishing oils, not waxes and sealants. While technically it will diminish a wax/sealant at 1:8, it would require multiple applications to ensure 100% of the wax/sealant has been removed.

Paint prep dilution is designed to remove polishing oils prior to applying a paint coating, which requires a 100% squeaky clean surface. You never apply a wax or sealant before a coating....

:dblthumb2:

FUNX650
01-20-2017, 07:58 PM
I'm willing to bet that if this truly is
strong enough to clean away polish oils

it can deteriorate a fresh coat of wax.

If it's diluted @ 1:8 ratio...
it just may.

Bob

kevincwelch
01-20-2017, 08:06 PM
I can buy that, Nick. I'm just thinking scientifically here. If the dilution is strong enough to take down your heated polishing oils, it can possibly take down a fresh coat of wax. Hopefully no one uses the 1:8 ratio unless they are prepping their paint for a coating/sealant.

Like I said before, if Roger is a fan, then I'm gonna be a fan! :)

Nick McKees37
01-20-2017, 08:08 PM
I can buy that, Nick. I'm just thinking scientifically here. If the dilution is strong enough to take down your heated polishing oils, it can possibly take down a fresh coat of wax. Hopefully no one uses the 1:8 ratio unless they are prepping their paint for a coating/sealant.

Like I said before, if Roger is a fan, then I'm gonna be a fan! :)

Don't forget that waxes and sealants are designed to be durable from the get-go, polishing oils are not. :xyxthumbs:

swanicyouth
01-20-2017, 08:22 PM
When will this be up on Amazon?