PDA

View Full Version : Assuming your home looks like your car... Flooring cleaning question

oneheadlite
01-20-2017, 01:18 PM
I don't feel like it's going out on limb to suspect the insides of fellow AG'ers homes are as clean as the inside/outside of their cars.

Wondering what people are using to clean/maintain inside around the house? Especially flooring.

I've got hardwood (DIY poly'd by the previous owner), laminate, and linoleum throughout our main level to take care of. I've been hesitant to go wild trying different products mainly out of fear of turning any of them into skating rinks (a 2 year old + 2 big dogs to think about).
I'm open to using car products inside if people have had good luck with them (I've been using Griot's waterless wash for windows and glass inside, and it's been amazing. Great Dane smears and nose prints come off with no effort now). Or if there's a favorite hardwood floor cleaner people have I'd love to hear it.

For what it's worth, I used to just use the Swiffer wet-jet juice poured into a hand sprayer so I could use a big Microfiber Pad/Mop thing. Lately I've been using diluted interior cleaner which seems to work fine, but seems like there'd be a better solution (no pun intended) for the hardwood.

Thanks!

SuperbShineDetail
01-20-2017, 05:51 PM
For dust, debris, pet hair, and even bugs, i got a roomba 877 for christmas and havent looked back.
At first i thought it would be some sort of gimmick novelty item but it truly surpasses my expectations every day. It goes off each day on schedule and returns to its charger after about 1.5 hours going into 3 different rooms.

2black1s
01-20-2017, 06:46 PM
Sorry I can't be of any help. The only rooms in my house that are as clean as my truck and motorcycles are the garage, the wood shop, and the master bath. Your first assumption surely doesn't apply at my place LOL.

pheerix
01-20-2017, 06:52 PM
Yvan over at Optimum uses ONR for EVERYTHING

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swanicyouth
01-20-2017, 07:12 PM
I use ONR 1:16 or Pinnacle Waterless Wash in a Swifter Wet Jet to clean hardwood floors.

They want you to buy their stuff, but you simply need to twist the lid off their empty bottle with some Channel Locks & you can fill it with whatever you want reusing the bottle over and over.

oneheadlite
01-20-2017, 08:25 PM
I use ONR 1:16 or Pinnacle Waterless Wash in a Swifter Wet Jet to clean hardwood floors.

They want you to buy their stuff, but you simply need to twist the lid off their empty bottle with some Channel Locks & you can fill it with whatever you want reusing the bottle over and over.

I had thought about ONR knowing they say you can use it for everything except a sports drink, but was a little gun shy when I got some Wolfgang Uber RW spray on the hardwood (may have been trying it on the fridge...) and the floor got really slick. But I suppose ONR does have a rep of not being super slick.

I've been happy with the O-cedar microfiber flip mop because it cleans just as well as the swiffer but I can just run it through the wash instead of buying more. I rotate a couple heads so there's always a clean one ready.

Thanks for all the input! Appreciate having a ratio to try as well!

PaulMys
01-20-2017, 10:23 PM
Sorry I can't be of any help. The only rooms in my house that are as clean as my truck and motorcycles are the garage, the wood shop, and the master bath. Your first assumption surely doesn't apply at my place LOL.

Lol

I agree. With 4 dogs, constant sweeping, vacuuming, wiping, etc..... I still cannot keep anything in my house as clean as my truck.

Guess that's why I'm here on AG, at least I can keep SOMETHING clean as a whistle. Lol

mwoywod
01-21-2017, 01:37 AM
2 oz of Einzett 1z Blitz APC with a gallon of water in a bucket for my mopping solution once a month for deep cleaning all of my hardwood floors as well as the tile in my kitchen and bathroom, then once a week i use D114 at 1:128 for quickly damp mopping light dust and dog hair