PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Volt in Summit White has swirl marks-what pad and polish are best?

ruleof72
01-18-2017, 09:56 PM
I purchased a "lightly used" 2014 Chevy Volt in Summit White a couple months ago and I'm getting ready to put a layer of Optimum Gloss-Coat on it. There are a number of very light swirl marks on the horizontal panels so I need to correct those. I have a DA polisher and am thinking of using Optimum Hyper Polish. I want to make sure that I don't get too aggressive with it and do more damage than is already there.

Is there anything I need to know about the paint on this car that might help me choose the best pad for the job? I need some new pads anyway so I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any help

AutowerxDetailing
01-19-2017, 03:21 AM
Have you performed a test spot with the pads and product you already have? The newer GM paint is relatively easy to work with IME.

Paul A.
01-19-2017, 07:59 AM
I like Nick's question as a starting point. What pads do you have?

ruleof72
01-19-2017, 08:57 AM
Have you performed a test spot with the pads and product you already have? The newer GM paint is relatively easy to work with IME.

I have no polish or compound at this time. I used up my stock last year and haven't replaced it yet. As for pads I currently have a Griots Orange foam polish pad and a Red foam Wax pad. I'm open to any ideas.

Paul A.
01-19-2017, 09:11 AM
Lake Country Thin Pro's for a DA. Orange, white and black.

Dave.0
01-19-2017, 01:43 PM
3D HD Polish will do the trick on an Lake Country Orange or White pad.