PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream (weird detailing products discussion)

joshs2000ss
01-17-2017, 08:51 AM
I guess I've been spending too much time researching detailing products because I had a dream about detailing last night. The strange thing that sparked this post was that in the dream I was listening to two pro detailers discuss their "32 step cleaning package deals." One detailer said to the other, "if you aren't using corn as part of your detailing process, you are selling your customers short." I don't know what part of the process involved corn and I'm also not sure if it was cream style or whole kernel. :laughing:

With that, I thought I'd ask how many weird things you have heard of people using when detailing cars? I'm sure there are some homemade mixtures out there that just seem odd.

Josh

Setec Astronomy
01-17-2017, 08:58 AM
I believe Joe Fernandez did a corn starch demo video at one point.

Yeah, here it is: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/47309-old-school-rub-out-40-year-old-products.html

Well, not a video.

joshs2000ss
01-17-2017, 09:03 AM
I had no idea. Interesting.

dlc95
01-17-2017, 09:11 AM
No, I only dream about the machining process. Lately it's using Rupes tools. It's telling me that I need to add the green/green, and UHS (pads) to my arsenal.

Mantilgh
01-17-2017, 09:24 AM
Ha, I though this was a day late tribute to Martin Luther King.

Paul A.
01-17-2017, 09:50 AM
Some years ago while working at the Fort Lauderdale airport I remember a carpet cleaning product that used a damp, ground up corn ingredient to clean the carpets. IIRC it was called "Host" and i think that trade name was an acronym for something.