PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning LC Pad

AjNavo61490
11-14-2007, 09:41 PM
i worked on my uncle's MC today that he is selling in the next few weeks and i used my white lc pad on the paint and i looked at the pad and i saw RED! :eek:

haha so i knew then it was a SS paint so i was like cool ive never worked on a SS paint job before...

i am now trying to clean all the red out of my pad...

Process:
Rinse with hot water
Wash with dawn and agitate with fingers
Let soak face down in hot soapy water
Rinse with hot water
Wash with dawn and agitate with fingers
Let soak face down in hot soapy water....

i am now waiting for 10 more min for it to soak before i wash it again my hand.

What can i use or do differently to remove all the red out of the pad?

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :D

supercharged
11-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Pinnacle pad cleaner or DP polishing pad rejuvenator powder will be your best friends. It will take you an internity to rinse out Dawn soap.

m4gician
11-15-2007, 01:25 AM
Pinnacle pad cleaner or DP polishing pad rejuvenator powder will be your best friends. It will take you an internity to rinse out Dawn soap.

Snappy pad cleaner is good too.

wolfpacker92
11-15-2007, 07:53 AM

Supercharged knows of what he speaks! I would also suggest getting one of those little brushes from Wal Mart that you use to clean under fingernails. It works great for agitating and scrubbing the pad. You can wet the pad, agitate with the brush, submerse it in the DP Pad rejuventaor solution, scrub a little more, submerse and let it sit for a while (I like to let mine sit overnight if they are really bad), take 'em out agitate again with brush and rinse with strong jet spray of water, then lay flat to dry.

supercharged
11-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Supercharged knows of what he speaks! I would also suggest getting one of those little brushes from Wal Mart that you use to clean under fingernails. It works great for agitating and scrubbing the pad. You can wet the pad, agitate with the brush, submerse it in the DP Pad rejuventaor solution, scrub a little more, submerse and let it sit for a while (I like to let mine sit overnight if they are really bad), take 'em out agitate again with brush and rinse with strong jet spray of water, then lay flat to dry.
I tried both, Pinnacle, and DP and both work well for me.

Modena AL
11-15-2007, 08:57 AM
I like Pinnacle because you can spray it on then rinse the thing out. I normally don't have to aggitate too much. DP is good too.