PDA

View Full Version : What even are acrylic paint conditioners? Some kind of marketing gimmick?

Pages : [1] 2

Bill1234
01-15-2017, 08:17 PM
I have just heard about these recently and probably will not be trying them but is it some kind of snake oil or false claims that some newer companies are trying promote?

ronkh57
01-15-2017, 08:23 PM
Shades of 10 years ago..... Ck autopia with that search phrase.

fightnews
01-15-2017, 08:29 PM
idk the acrilc sealants are good, havent heard about the paint conditioner yet, who makes that?

pheerix
01-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Are you referring to sealants like Klasse HGSG and Ultima products? They're well known and respected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill1234
01-15-2017, 08:31 PM
TAP Serum and Vapor wax ive heard of

Mantilgh
01-15-2017, 08:41 PM
Acrylic paint conditioners sounds kinda hokey. Acrylic paint sealants are fine.

But if you look up the definition of conditioner (not that definitions really matter in the marketing world) it means - "a substance or appliance used to improve or maintain something's condition". So it could be just about anything.

Bill1234
01-15-2017, 08:48 PM
Acrylic paint conditioners sounds kinda hokey. Acrylic paint sealants are fine.

But if you look up the definition of conditioner (not that definitions really matter in the marketing world) it means - "a substance or appliance used to improve or maintain something's condition". So it could be just about anything.

Right however what do the so called conditioners or acrylic sealents even do. What makes them different from regular sealants?

pheerix
01-15-2017, 08:51 PM
To me acrylic is just a synonym for polymer, which I think the marketing lingo on these products are also doing. Kinda similar to how every coating out there is a ceramic coating but ceramic is a very generic term for inorganic.

Bill1234
01-15-2017, 08:52 PM
To me acrylic is just a synonym for polymer, which I think the marketing lingo on these products are also doing. Kinda similar to how every coating out there is a ceramic coating but ceramic is a very generic term for inorganic.

Im just so confused as to what they really do different than what do from the regular sealant. Some however said never wax again or like it gives so many properties like what is already on the market

swanicyouth
01-15-2017, 08:59 PM
New A.C.R.Y.L.I.C. coatings?

I heard everyone is using them in Europe. Only available at high end detail shops in Japan.

FUNX650
01-15-2017, 09:16 PM
Acrylic paints...nowadays?

Sure:
Some Corvette restorers (due to NCRS
rules); and, in-and-out commercial paint
shops (Maaco) still shoot acrylic (enamel).

•However:
Since most modern day paint-systems
are urethane based...then I wonder
what purpose could an acrylic paint
conditioner serve, when/if used on
urethane paint?

IMHO:
Just some more Vapor-ous wax
marketing that needs to be thrown
into the Pitt, man.

Bob

swanicyouth
01-15-2017, 09:33 PM
Acrylic paints...nowadays?

Sure:
Some Corvette restorers (due to NCRS
rules); and, in-and-out commercial paint
shops (Maaco) still shoot acrylic (enamel).

•However:
Since most modern day paint-systems
are urethane based...then I wonder
what purpose could an acrylic paint
conditioner serve, when/if used on
urethane paint?

IMHO:
Just some more Vapor-ous wax
marketing that needs to be thrown
into the Pitt, man.

Bob

Please stay on topic.

This discussion is not about paint per se - but Acrylic LSPs

FUNX650
01-15-2017, 10:23 PM
Please stay on topic.

This discussion is not about paint
per se - but Acrylic LSPs
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/IMG_21161.JPG

fightnews
01-16-2017, 06:10 AM
Please stay on topic.

This discussion is not about paint per se - but Acrylic LSPs

geez dude relax... this thread is about "acrylic conditioners" for one, whatever that even means i don't know. and two, you didn't even start the thread. you aren't a moderator are you, if not then don't worry about it. you don't make the rules here

Mike Phillips
01-16-2017, 11:11 AM
•However:

Since most modern day paint-systems are urethane based...then I wonder what purpose could an acrylic paint conditioner serve, when/if used on urethane paint?

Bob

That's what went through my mind?

:)