PDA

View Full Version : Need Extractor Requirements

YankeeFan
01-15-2017, 01:22 PM
Tried different Advanced Searches but couldn’t find specific information. We have 3 cars with light colored interiors. like to get an extractor to clean them all up. What are good requirements for a non-business used extractor? I saw one selling close by with the following specs, will they work well or just suffice?
60 PSI Demand Pump
3 Stage Vacuum Motor (137" of water lift)
Single Cord Operation
Instant 150-degree heat
15 ’ of 1 1/4 inch Vacuum Hose
15’ of 2500 PSI Solution Hose
5 gallon tank capacity

Thanks,
Howard

TTQ B4U
01-15-2017, 01:45 PM
Since you're using this for personal / home use, I would strongly encourage you also look at a McCulloch MC1385 steamer and a standard Bissel type extractor. I actually use that combo on cars I do as a side gig and together they works great. The steamer is very handy around the home too. All depends on your budget and usage. Personally, I can afford and would love to have a full blown $1,300 extractor but I already have both of the above and don't do as many interiors yet to justify one.

Here's a quick example of what I was able to do with both in not very much time.

Interior Detailing by PDQS4 | Photobucket (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/PDQS4/library/Interior%20Detailing?sort=3&page=1)

YankeeFan
01-22-2017, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, I will keep it in mind if this falls through. I have the opportunity to buy a used extractor locally but didn't know if it is strong enough to pull water up and if the 150 degrees was hot enough.

Howad

UTdetailing
01-22-2017, 11:32 AM
Tried different Advanced Searches but couldn’t find specific information. We have 3 cars with light colored interiors. like to get an extractor to clean them all up. What are good requirements for a non-business used extractor? I saw one selling close by with the following specs, will they work well or just suffice?
60 PSI Demand Pump
Single Cord Operation
Instant 150-degree heat
5 gallon tank capacity

This sounds like a good option. When I use an extractor I am using it to do a final rinse and pull out all of the dirt/grime that I just released by scrubbing, therefore Water Lift is what I look at the most. The 137" is very good.

GSKR
01-22-2017, 05:26 PM
60 PSI Demand Pump
Single Cord Operation
Instant 150-degree heat
5 gallon tank capacity

Thanks,
Howardjust rent one for 20.00 at ace hardware,they usually rent the thermax extractor heated.