PDA

View Full Version : tire dressing for a gift need help

mixxer
11-14-2007, 06:12 PM
im making a gift pack for my father in law for xmas and i need a spray tire dressing [no solvent based] that has a wet look? i dont know any because i like the natural matte look so i use PB natural look,bold n bright,surf city,303 ect but he loves the wet OTC look but i wanted to get him a good rpoduct from AG thats wet and last long,any recommendations?

trhland
11-14-2007, 06:15 PM
im making a gift pack for my father in law for xmas and i need a spray tire dressing [no solvent based] that has a wet look? i dont know any because i like the natural matte look so i use PB natural look,bold n bright,surf city,303 ect but he loves the wet OTC look but i wanted to get him a good rpoduct from AG thats wet and last long,any recommendations?
i bought pinnicles tire dressing and its just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for more shine just apply an extra coat simply the best out there but it comes at a price

dengood1
11-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Spray dressing? Hmmm.........Meguiars Hyper Dressing(uncut or slightly cut with just a tad of water perhaps). Not sure of any other "spray" dressings that aren't solvent based. Lots of gels are water based that provide a nice wet look and last longer(Pinnacle, Wolfgang, DP). Just an fyi....

dengood1
11-14-2007, 08:57 PM
oh, I almost forgot about Optimum. I haven't tried their dressing yet, but it's on my next order. If you use Poorboys B&B, for a glossy look just reapply after 1/2 hour and you'll have a higher gloss.

supercharged
11-14-2007, 10:46 PM
DP tire gloss gel. 32oz bottle, works very well, has very pleasant smell to it.

Jimmie
11-15-2007, 02:19 AM
+1 for a gel if you want more gloss. The sprays never get to the same level of gloss for me. The closest is probably Surf City. It doesn't come in a spray bottle but it's thin enough to be transferred to one.

Mike T
11-15-2007, 01:11 PM
A spray dressing? Thats a toughy.
I would just get a bottle of PB's BnB. Goes on with ease and can produce an insane shine.

mixxer
11-15-2007, 05:28 PM
lol i got him B and B two years ago its he doesnt like it.i was looking at the optimum,has anyone used the optimum that could comment.

Dust2Glory
11-15-2007, 05:42 PM
I definately like the DP tire gel... but i mix it with a solvent based spray dressing for better application

Tonya
11-15-2007, 07:24 PM
I have only tired one AG Tire product and it is Duragloss 265 Ultimate Conditioning Spray. I am very pleased with it! I am not sure how it compares to the others, but I think it has a nice shine and it lasts about two weeks.

ScottB
11-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Stoners More Shine Less Time .... nice aerosol.

dengood1
11-15-2007, 09:26 PM
I definately like the DP tire gel... but i mix it with a solvent based spray dressing for better application

DP gel is water based isn't it? I didn't think you could mix a water based product with a solvent based product. Hmmm......confused:confused: Not saying I don't believe you, but I just didn't think you could do that. I was thinking of doing the same thing.

dengood1
11-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Two previous discussions....some with pics. Hope this helps....

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/9974-favorite-tire-dressing.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/10510-tire-shine-best-wet-look.html

mixxer
11-16-2007, 05:21 PM
yea i did see those when i searched thanks dengood1. I think i might go with the optimum and its on sale. thanks for all your help all!