PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with a new cadillac

Every_detail
01-15-2017, 07:06 AM
So yesterday I was correcting a new xt5 with 800 miles. She takes it through car wash every other night she says because it's winter here in Maine. The problem I was having was it seemed nothing was actually leveling the paint like I thought it would. I used griots fast correcting cream with a microfiber, I tried optimum hyper polish with a burgundy cutting disc from Meguiars. The hyper polish seemed to produce better results than the FCC. I know this paint is on the hard side but it was really getting to me that it wasn't finishing down the way I was hopinig.

any suggestions or reccomedations would be highly appreciate.

GSKR
01-15-2017, 07:49 AM
May need more bite of a product.what kind of machine are you using.

Every_detail
01-15-2017, 07:57 AM
May need more bite of a product.what kind of machine are you using.

Rupes 21. With the Meg's MF and foam disc

GSKR
01-15-2017, 08:11 AM
Car must be really bad.I would purchase megs 300 or 105 or even some of the new sonax cutmax.keep your micro pads fluffed up all the time.If it's really really bad m100 will erase what ever is in the paint.

LSNAutoDetailing
01-15-2017, 08:14 AM
Do a test spot with some Megs 105. GM Clear can be very hard...

GSKR
01-15-2017, 08:14 AM
With that machine very slow passes and a little pressure applied in small sections at a time.

LSNAutoDetailing
01-15-2017, 08:20 AM
With that machine very slow passes and a little pressure applied in small sections at a time.

Exactly what Jeff says... How many section passes are you doing? Should be 6-8 in a 16"x16" section. Keep in mind M105 is SMAT (super micro abrasive technology) and will not break down as your working. It can even be rejuvenated by adding a spritz of water. Be aware of heat build up....

I have a repeat XTS client and he drove through some shrubs. It was tough, and I stayed on the side of caution and did not try to re-mediate all the scratches. Remember, factory paint is only about 4 mils... (about 2 mils of clear).

Every_detail
01-15-2017, 10:10 AM
Yeah. Ended up with extremely slow passes. Totally caught me off guard.

Exactly what Jeff says... How many section passes are you doing? Should be 6-8 in a 16"x16" section. Keep in mind M105 is SMAT (super micro abrasive technology) and will not break down as your working. It can even be rejuvenated by adding a spritz of water. Be aware of heat build up....

I have a repeat XTS client and he drove through some shrubs. It was tough, and I stayed on the side of caution and did not try to re-mediate all the scratches. Remember, factory paint is only about 4 mils... (about 2 mils of clear).
I was probably around 6 passes. Told the customer to stay away from the damn tunnel of swirls.

JeffM
01-15-2017, 10:53 AM
Our Jeep is like that. I have to use D300 with MF pads to do even a basic swirl removal. My ford I can use a light polish and an orange pad. Weird.

SabbyNJ
01-15-2017, 08:51 PM
What color is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Eldorado2k
01-15-2017, 09:08 PM
What kind of microfiber pads were you using?

Sent from my iPhone