PDA

View Full Version : Black to white

joleyred
01-12-2017, 07:04 AM
Hello fellow OCD'ERS,
This is only my second time to post on here. I love reading and learning here, it's the best forum I've ever been on. I am building my inventory and learning more about what has been my lifelong passion. I am recently retired after a career of pipeline welding and owning a business. I have the privilege of having a 30x40 shop right here at my house, well lit and heated. I can do my detail work as the winter howls, it's a real dream. Last year I traded in a black GMC Denali truck for a white truck. What a change!! I could see swirls from 50 yards on the black truck, and I can't even find them on this white one. I worked hard constantly on that black loved the shine, but that truck owned me instead of the opposite. Thanks to all of you and especially Mike for giving me a world of knowledge.

Joleyred

Sent from my SM-T813 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Misterpaul
01-14-2017, 07:02 AM
Welcome fellow white vehicle owner!

Eldorado2k
01-14-2017, 08:09 AM
Welcome online[emoji1366]

Sent from my iPhone

Paul A.
01-14-2017, 10:23 AM
Welcome Joleyred! My car is black and the wife's is white. I wanted both ends of the spectrum so to speak.

fightnews
01-14-2017, 12:28 PM
i have a black car, im owning it right now. im in the middle of a full detail. it is a lot of work but i love trying to get it swirl free and perfect. if i had a white suv i prob wouldn't be able to have so much fun detailing it. on a white vehicle you can barley tell the difference between a freshly detailed and a dirty one

joleyred
01-14-2017, 07:26 PM
I used to really enjoy my black truck when I had it as close to perfect as I could get it. I agree, white hides a lot. It's hard to see swirl marks, and my shop is well lit. Nothing is more beautiful when it's right. It is total relaxation working on one to get it right. Thanks for the welcome guys.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)