PDA

View Full Version : Chemically Sensitive

Ghostr73
01-10-2017, 08:18 AM
What kind of interior products could I use if people are chemically sensitive? Mostly for use on dash and the hard door panels. Thanks in advance.

Setec Astronomy
01-10-2017, 08:22 AM
In that situation I think I would use a rinseless wash like ONR.

WillSports3
01-10-2017, 08:24 AM
Another vote for ONR. I use ONR for all interiors since it works well, it's cheap and it makes the interior have that nice berry smell.

vanev
01-10-2017, 10:24 AM
The following are very good for allergy sensitive and chemically sensitive customers.

Meguiars D106 and D116
http://i.imgur.com/Ja8i2fO.jpg

Griots Garage Interior Cleaner
http://i.imgur.com/TxR3L8A.jpg

KirkH
01-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Chemical Guys Nonsense All Purpose Cleaner. Has absolutely NO odor.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

CarolinasFinestDetailing
01-10-2017, 10:52 AM
ONR at rinseless dilution for wipe down and steam for deep cleaning.

Ghostr73
01-10-2017, 06:54 PM
I appreciate the advice.

mwoywod
01-10-2017, 08:35 PM
I agree that ONR is the best for maintenance detailing. BUT when you are trying to detail a disgusting mini-van that has been hauling around children with sticky fingers, ONR isn't necessarily sufficient. Which is why I HIGHLY recommend Einszett 1z Blitz APC. I dilute it 1:30 for leather, vinyl, rubber trim, plastics, seat belts, etc. I also keep a bottle diluted 1:100 for carpet cleaning. It is completely safe and will not dry your hands out or cause any sort of skin irritation like the other popular APC's and Degreasers. Naturally, it isn't going to preforms as well as products like Optimum Power clean for heavy duty exterior cleaning. But it is safe for all surfaces on the interior and because it doesn't leave a residue I have effectively used it as a glass cleaner for windows with sticky finger prints/dog slobber.

Also, if you aren't convinced. I also pour 1oz. of Blitz into the 5 gallon bucket I pre-soak my polishing pads in and just 1oz. will remove 90% of the compound/polish residue. I have even started pouring 1 ounce into the washing maching with my microfibers instead of OPC.

By the way, Blackfire's interior cleaner is another product that is so safe and gentle I would almost feel comfortable washing my hands with it, but it's price point is targeted more towards the Enthusiast rather than the professional detailer. Just another option. Hope this helps!!

DBAILEY
01-11-2017, 04:19 AM
The 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner is a safe bet. You can clean your fruits and vegetables with it.

LSNAutoDetailing
01-11-2017, 08:03 AM
I can't post a link or product name, however for those very sensitive to products with chemicals, there are products available on the market that are Non-Toxic/Non-Chemical.
You may have to google...

My wife is involved with such a product line (not amway and she's not a reseller...) and I have to admit, at first I was skeptical but I enjoy using them. In addition they have a product line for personal items (soaps/shampoo/after-shave/hair-styling cream) etc... I use the products to clean my house and I enjoy them more than traditional cleaners. Specifically when I clean my floors. My Greyhounds are very sensitive, and I do not like to clean the floors with chemicals.

Not taking anything away from AGO (thus no links and no names...) but it will come up from time to time. You may encounter a customer that for many reasons (could be medical reasons... etc) that cannot come in contact with the chemicals. It's good to have an alternative path. I keep some of these in my tool box for such reason.

And don't forget, distilled vinegar is a good cleaner too!

Good luck!

Ghostr73
01-15-2017, 02:00 AM
I tried Meguiar"s Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner on a friends dash. Some products cause his eyes to burn. No problems with it for couple of days so far.