PDA

View Full Version : Polished vehicle not noticed!

Pages : [1] 2 3

jvamagic
01-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Hi,

I did a paint correction on my wife's Lexus is250 (compound/polish/sealant/wax; menzerna/jet seal/BWW) and it came out pretty good if I say so myself (I don't have photos to share). No one else on my side of the family or my wife's maintain their vehicle's like I do. They do the average 'take to the car wash" once or twice per month.

I took my in-law's out in my wife's Lexus and it was shining as it should with the polish/wax job. They said nothing! :dunno:
No compliments.
My neighbor across the street always compliments my vehicles :goodpost:

Is this the norm?

Setec Astronomy
01-09-2017, 02:31 PM
As Mike Phillips says...most people don't know a swirl from a squirrel...yes it's the norm.

LEDetailing
01-09-2017, 02:37 PM
Average car owners just want a clean car. Until they really inspect the paint most people will not notice your work. Go to an average Saturday car show and look at the finish of most "show" cars. You, me, and the rest of AGO are the exception, your family is the norm.

pheerix
01-09-2017, 02:48 PM
This is also why you see expensive cars at the drive through car wash, followed by the dirty rag rub down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OptimumAutoSpa
01-09-2017, 02:55 PM
I see horrible paint on a lot of high end cars / show cars. I get most of my business from car shows / cars and coffee events.

CParrott
01-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Average car owners just want a clean car. THIS THIS THIS. The normal car owner has no idea what swirling or marring is, until you point it out to them. Sometimes even then they don't notice/care. Clean to us AGOers is a totally different concept.

Kamakaz1961
01-09-2017, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't bother and worry about that. I worked on one of my friends car and she just said thanks and made me dinner. I asked her if she even looked at it and she said she would later....LOL

Dan Tran
01-09-2017, 03:26 PM
This is also why you see expensive cars at the drive through car wash, followed by the dirty rag rub down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, I was driving home yesterday as a Porsche drives pass me along the way. The Porsche at an instant glance looked like it was recently detailed.

Eventually we both ended up taking the same exit. He was in front of me the entire time and seemed to be in a big rush. Come to realize he was taking a left turn into a car wash. I drove passed him shaking my head from side to side in disgust.

Yes this is a common problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

jvamagic
01-09-2017, 05:23 PM
My parents own a black Lexus that has swirls etc and I'd like to do a paint correction because I can't stand it. I'm sure they'll hardly notice.

james751993
01-09-2017, 05:42 PM
YES!! Absolutely the norm! People only seem to notice if the paint was restored from a shocking condition. I only get compliments from guys that know what to look out for. The best is when I take my car to the dealership for its periodic check up and try to explain to them that my vehicle has been polished and I do not wish to have it scoured down by the steel wool brushes inside what they call their "deluxe automatic wash", clearly they dont understand what scratches are. After not heeding my wishes the first time, lets just say I was a memorable customer.. they havent put it in the wash since. :laughing::xyxthumbs:

shadwell
01-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Polish a test spot only on their car... then they might see a difference..

Detailing only one of their wheels is also fun :)

58LesPaul
01-09-2017, 06:05 PM
I guess I'm fortunate. I detailed my parents Rav4 and they can't stop talking about how good it looks. My mother-in-law and her aunt noticed my wife's Rav4 and they mention how great it looks and want me to do theirs also.

Of course I spent about 7 hours at my parents house detailing their car so they know how much work I put into it.

JustJesus
01-09-2017, 06:09 PM
I spent five hours doing interior work on my wife's 2014 Kia. EVERYTHING was touched/cleaned/dressed, including door seals

My mother-in-law noticed when she got in it. Women tend to notice interiors more, IME.

Exterior paint, whole different story.

About the only time I've gotten more than the "clean car, dude" was when I took an oxidized '67 VW Bug and brought some shine back to it. People really did notice. One guy even asked the owner, "Car looks good; was it polished recently?"

GSKR
01-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Detailing is so educational.Educate the customer then close the sale.its not that they don't care there not clear what a proper wash or detail is.I get all the time a customer yelling how much for a wax across the parking lot.They think wax is all they need,until you show them a 50/50 demo then they ask when can you do it.Thats the downside to detailing always educating the customer.

Souldetailer
01-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Yeah, I'm a car watcher. I'll give a second look at an impeccably detailed Honda Fit before a dirty Porsche.