PDA

View Full Version : wolfgang uber rinse-less mixing?

Pages : [1] 2

fightnews
01-07-2017, 12:38 PM
so im about to mix up some in 32oz bottles or 1 quart. if you do the math the waterless wash calls for 2/3 of an ounce per quart. the detail spray calls for 3/4 of an ounce per quart. since they are so close is anyone just splitting the difference and using 1 mix for both applications. they are almost the same anyway...

per quart
.66oz for waterless
.75oz for detail

AZpolisher15
01-07-2017, 01:20 PM
When I'm in that dilemma with Uber, I just mix the most concentrated of the two ratios and then use it for both applications. You will be fine doing waterless washes at the detail spray dilution. As you suggested, the difference is very small.

pheerix
01-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Make it easy on yourself. Buy a few gallons of distilled water jugs, add 3 oz of Uber. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevincwelch
01-07-2017, 04:05 PM
I use the more concentrated solution as well.

The difference is nominal, but as Harpolith said, it's probably safer.

I make up 2 1/2 gallon batches:

Sent via my mobile device...

AZpolisher15
01-07-2017, 04:29 PM
Some have brought up the fact that the dilutions/measurements given for different products and their uses aren't spot-on relative to each other. I think that's mostly an artifact of making it easy to use.

Some people mix 16 or 32 ounces at a time, while others mix 3 gallons. And then there are the ratios for different applications. If the "instructions" were given as spot-on equal ratios for all volumes and applications, you'd be left with a bunch of funky volumes with lots of fractions or decimal points.

So, when doing conversions, we just keep it simple and say .5oz per gallon, rather than saying .5873oz or 27/50ths per gallon. IMO you don't have to be EXACT every time when mixing some of these products. If your gut is telling you it's "not quite slick enough", add another few drops of Concentrate. Or back off on the water a bit if you choose.

That said, Uber is an awesome product! I'm a hobbiest and I don't care to have multiple bottles mixed. I just mix at the waterless ratio and it works fine as a detail spray, drying aid, waterless wash, and clay lube.

glfnaz
01-07-2017, 04:44 PM

Where did you get those 2.5 Gallon dispensers? I use similar ones from 'the container store', but they are a bit brittle / fragile and I would like to find some better ones.

Jimmy Vegas
01-07-2017, 04:44 PM
If it helps anyone, 1/3 ounce is 2 teaspoons. I picked up a measuring set at the dollar store to keep in the garage.

pheerix
01-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Where did you get those 2.5 Gallon dispensers? I use similar ones from 'the container store', but they are a bit brittle / fragile and I would like to find some better ones.

I believe those are from US Plastics. Shipping is expensive. I found some 2 gal water dispensers at Smart and Final if you have those around you.

runrun411
01-07-2017, 08:49 PM

Whoa, 2 1/2 gallons. I'm trying to refrain from buying these large bottle but I'm so weak. What's the dilution for them.

Klasse Act
01-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Make it easy on yourself. Buy a few gallons of distilled water jugs, add 3 oz of Uber. Done.

BAM!!

FWIW, when I make it up as RW, I use 2 ounces and make up 4 gallons so I have more than enough for pre-wash in my Quazzer. If I do the GD method I save the extra to be used as pre-soak when I'm all done and the rest for rinsing/cleaning my tires, wheels and wheelwells, use it all up!

Eldorado2k
01-07-2017, 09:30 PM
BAM!!

FWIW, when I make it up as RW, I use 2 ounces and make up 4 gallons so I have more than enough for pre-wash in my Quazzer. If I do the GD method I save the extra to be used as pre-soak when I'm all done and the rest for rinsing/cleaning my tires, wheels and wheelwells, use it all up!

Do you use a brush or towels to clean your wheels & wheel wells? If you use a brush, what kind?

Sent from my iPhone

fightnews
01-08-2017, 05:43 AM
When I'm in that dilemma with Uber, I just mix the most concentrated of the two ratios and then use it for both applications. You will be fine doing waterless washes at the detail spray dilution. As you suggested, the difference is very small.

ya it's not even a .1 percent, you can get that much of a difference just eyeballing the mesurement

fightnews
01-08-2017, 05:45 AM

i got the distilled water, what i actually want to do is make a bucket of rinseless wash and put a lid on it, then just wet rags with it as needed that way nothing will go to waste. anyone do that?

do u guys think the distilled water makes a big difference?

kevincwelch
01-08-2017, 01:49 PM

Those specifically are from US Plastic Corporation. You can also get them from ULINE.

I believe those are from US Plastics. Shipping is expensive. I found some 2 gal water dispensers at Smart and Final if you have those around you.

Shipping is pricey, but I usually order a bunch of things from them -- work-related, home-related, detail-related. Shipping costs usually get diluted for me.

Whoa, 2 1/2 gallons. I'm trying to refrain from buying these large bottle but I'm so weak. What's the dilution for them.

I simply use the amount per gallon and make up a gallon at a time. For Uber, it's 3oz for 1 gallon. I'm going to use the 1:15 dilution for CarPro EchO2 whenever it arrives. I use all those solutions (D114, Uber, BFWW, ONR) pretty liberally when I presoak, so I'm not that concerned about the total volume I make at any given time.

kevincwelch
01-08-2017, 01:54 PM
i got the distilled water, what i actually want to do is make a bucket of rinseless wash and put a lid on it, then just wet rags with it as needed that way nothing will go to waste. anyone do that? do u guys think the distilled water makes a big difference?

No reason why you can't do that, but I would be concerned about dunking used rags into the solution and saving the solution for later use. You could make up a 5 gallon bucket and put a lid on it, but I recommend not reintroducing the towel into the solution -- I think that's the GD method.

I don't know if distilled water makes that much of a difference. Of course I use it when I mix up the detail spray/ww solutions, but when I make a 3 gallon bucket for my rinseless washing, it doesn't take long and I dry relatively quickly. However, I'm always in a garage and out of direct sunlight. I think the spotting potential is higher if you're outside and exposed to more light/higher temps when the water might evaporate more quickly. Humidity will be a factor as well. Darker the car, more likely a visible issue...