PDA

View Full Version : Polish & Compound for tackling soft/sticky paint

mwoywod
01-07-2017, 03:03 AM
What compound and polish do you guys reach for when working on soft/sticky paint? Scholl Concepts S3 Gold seems to be in a league of its own when compounding sticky paint(especially it's ease of removal), and when polishing this type of paint, while I have had great luck with Scholl's s30+ I feel like HD Polish+ preforms nearly as well on the same paint, just doesn't have quite the correction capability.

I am really hoping to find a compound or at least a more aggressive polish to use in the place of these two Scholl's products because they are difficult to find and are twice as expensive as the other compounds and polishes in my arsenal.

-The boss creams are great (but a nightmare on soft/sticky paint)
-The "Trade secret oils" in M205 and M100 are a non issue 99% of the time but I've found they create a similar problem as the boss creams on sticky paint.
-Menzerna, blackfire, and wolfgang seem to work well but if I'm going to pay a premium price for compounds and polishes then I may as well spend a little bit extra to buy scholl's.

Zubair
01-07-2017, 03:24 AM
If you happy with Scholls the closest would be Menzerna or Koch Chemie. All 3 are German with a slight edge going to Koch Chemie in all categories.