PDA

View Full Version : Favorite non-staining wax/sealant that you like using over black plastic/rubber trim?

Pages : [1] 2

mwoywod
01-05-2017, 10:14 PM
What is everyone's favorite sealant/wax to use on their black plastic/rubber trim that is NOT a dedicated trim sealant or coating? I personally love the way D156 x-press wax looks on plastics and rubber, I also love using DP Maxwax (hybrid paste wax) on all black trim pieces (including textured plastic) because I like the dark black appearance it provides. This isn't just another thread asking why types of waxes/sealants won't stain trim, I want to know which ones you all have used directly on top of either new trim or on your maintenance accounts that isn't a dedicated trim sealant like WETS (which I know is better but please do not suggest these types of dedicated products.

If you are having a hard time answering this question because you don't understand why I wouldn't just use a product dedicated for the trim, then tell me what wax/sealant you would use to protect ALL the exterior sufaces on your car if you could only have ONE.

Thanks guy!

Eldorado2k
01-05-2017, 10:23 PM
Same as you, D156. Mainly on exterior rubber window trims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarolinasFinestDetailing
01-05-2017, 10:26 PM
CarPro Relaod and Optimum Opti Seal look amazing on trim.

GSKR
01-05-2017, 10:27 PM
Collinite .

Mantilgh
01-05-2017, 10:30 PM
Opti-Seal.

Meguiars Wax as U Dry

Tempest45
01-05-2017, 11:08 PM
Optiseal or PP365

FUNX650
01-05-2017, 11:25 PM
Mothers Speed Spray Wax

Bob

hogie
01-06-2017, 12:06 AM
Megs ultimate liquid wax and d156 can't be beat

tpr1634
01-06-2017, 12:09 AM
Opti-seal

TTQ B4U
01-06-2017, 12:14 AM
Optiseal works great. I use it on windows and trim around them. Perfect.

lawrenceSA
01-06-2017, 01:09 AM
Optimum Optiseal
Collinite 845

mwoywod
01-06-2017, 01:59 AM
Thanks guys!! Most of you mentioned opti-seal. Has anyone used the Blackfire or Wolfgang WOWA sealants as well as opti-seal? I personally feel like I get MUCH longer durability out of opti-seal but BFCS and WGDGLS both seem to flash a little easier without leaving high spots and look great on rubber trim. Has anyone else had the same experience?

Eldorado2k
01-06-2017, 02:07 AM
Thanks guys!! Most of you mentioned opti-seal. Has anyone used the Blackfire or Wolfgang WOWA sealants as well as opti-seal? I personally feel like I get MUCH longer durability out of opti-seal but BFCS and WGDGLS both seem to flash a little easier without leaving high spots and look great on rubber trim. Has anyone else had the same experience?

I've had that same experience when I tested D156, Ultimate Liquid Wax, and Reload on the hard black plastic trim on my television. The D156 performed the best, while the other 2, especially Reload took longer to flash and had noticeable high spots. D156 also looked a bit darker and better days later. It left me not wanting to use Reload on plastic trim anymore, which I haven't.

The only thing that was inconclusive was which 1 did the best at preventing dust on the surface. I think the test was botched due to 1 section being directly in front of the window all the time. I want to test it again..

Sent from my iPhone

AZpolisher15
01-06-2017, 02:34 AM
DG 253 Tire and Rubber Matt Dressing is really nice on black plastics. It won't hold up as long as the WOWA sealants mentioned. But I do like it for its versatility and darkening effects. I've not used optiseal, but I do have BFCS, and the DG 253 definitely darkens black trim to a greater extent. To be honest, for what it is, the longevity is pretty great. I use it on window/door seals all the time- and mud flaps, door handles, etc.

hmardown
01-06-2017, 09:45 AM
thanks just when I thought I was done buying products. sounds like I'm going to have to try one of these.
hmardown