PDA

View Full Version : Deleting account and profile

Mr M5
01-03-2017, 11:23 AM
Good Morning,

Can somebody walk me through the steps of how to delete my profile?

Thank you,

parshooter
01-03-2017, 12:06 PM
Go to Settings, go to My Settings, go to Edit Profile. Edit away.

VVT
05-20-2020, 08:19 PM
So, is there a way to actually delete the account and profile? All you can do is edit, but can't delete it.

Mike Phillips
05-21-2020, 09:12 AM
So, is there a way to actually delete the account and profile? All you can do is edit, but can't delete it.

As a forum member the answer is no. Only an Admin can delete or modify a member's account.

And just to point out, I don't know of any setting in the Admin Panel for ANY version of vBulletin discussion forum software, (that's what this forum is a vBulletin powered forum), where you can switch the setting for a forum member to delete their own account.

This could be for legal reasons and also at a minimum, continuity reasons.

Can you imagine if a forum member with 40,000+ threads and posts just got out of bed one day and decided to DELETE their account? I would make a MESS of every discussion they were ever a part of not to mention remove any thread they started.

I'm not exactly sure what if any protocol we here at Autogeek have for a request to delete an account but seeing that you only have a single post, that is the reply to this thread, I don't see a problem to delete your account.

Shoot me an e-mail requesting your account to be deleted and I'll get management's decision on the path to follow.

mike.phillips@autogeek.net

:)