PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire black ice cracked

thiscarlife
01-03-2017, 10:09 AM
I just got my blackfire black ice hybrid montan wax sealant and it came with a cracked circle in the middle. I'm not expecting it to be worrying but I'm just curious of what might have caused it :D any ideas? This is my first expensive (to me) wax that I've bought and expected to see the smooth top surface of a new container lol

Setec Astronomy
01-03-2017, 10:11 AM
I would expect that was simply part of the cooling process after pouring the wax (which is poured at an elevated temperature). Was the container sealed tightly?

thiscarlife
01-03-2017, 10:15 AM
@stecAstronomy yeah it was, even struggled a bit trying to twist the cap. Any advice on storage? It arrived when I just sold my car currently slowly looking for the next one and so I'm saving the blackfire black ice for that

Zubair
01-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Almost all my premium paste waxes come like that. Its a solid cake of wax which is bound to have cracks. Some even came with a paper in the tub stating the cracks are normal and doesn't affect performance.

thiscarlife
01-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Almost all my premium paste waxes come like that. Its a solid cake of wax which is bound to have cracks. Some even came with a paper in the tub stating the cracks are normal and doesn't affect performance.
Ah Alright, that's nice to hear!! I really can't wait to try this out. Btw, I'm new here and was wondering how to mention other users when replying without having to quote? Thanks in advance :)

Kamakaz1961
01-03-2017, 10:24 AM
That is OK and normal. Cracks on any paste wax/hybrid wax is normal. BTW, that is some good stuff!! One suggestion, make sure you have 1 or 2 dedicated wax pads just for Black Ice. The reason is that your pads will end up being black!

thiscarlife
01-03-2017, 11:02 AM
That is OK and normal. Cracks on any paste wax/hybrid wax is normal. BTW, that is some good stuff!! One suggestion, make sure you have 1 or 2 dedicated wax pads just for Black Ice. The reason is that your pads will end up being black!

noted! Thanks for the tip!! :)

Bunky
01-03-2017, 11:18 AM
I have a container of BF Black Ice and it has crumbled too - more than the pic. It is not quite 3 yrs old and been inside the house.