PDA

View Full Version : IBrid- Cool factor of 10

Pages : [1] 2

Whitewater25
12-31-2016, 08:51 PM
Spent some time using my new Ibrid the last few days. Portable,powerful,lightweight & cordless,oh yeah,it kicks butt as well. Only used the rotary function with 1" pads so far but it is a real pleasure to use. Looking for more uses for it already. Very cool tool!!

runrun411
12-31-2016, 09:25 PM
I used mine with the 3mm throw. Even on speed 5 I had stalling issues. I think I just haft to practice my technique using it. I think once I get it down it will be much more of a pleasure to use.

DaveT435
12-31-2016, 09:28 PM
I haven't tried the 3 mm yet. A lot of people seem to be having stalling problems with that. The 12 mm works good. Great little machine.

GSKR
12-31-2016, 09:37 PM
Awesome tool besides the polishing aspects love the interior attachments.

DaveT435
12-31-2016, 10:00 PM
I have no problem correcting and polishing paint with it

TTQ B4U
12-31-2016, 10:18 PM
I haven't tried the 3 mm yet. A lot of people seem to be having stalling problems with that. The 12 mm works good. Great little machine.

Agree. My frustrations started with the 3mm throw. The 12mm works well but the trick is very very light pressure. Slinging product is still a problem.

Jeremy1976
12-31-2016, 10:39 PM
I have had awesome results with paint correction using the 12mm and rotary. I absolutely love mine and think it is well worth the money.

Justin at Final Inspection
01-01-2017, 07:17 AM
Love mine on the 12mm setup. Have also used the rotary too. The rotary will sling a little bit.

runrun411
01-01-2017, 12:09 PM
After reading you guys post about the 12mm I switched to to 12mm. Wow what a difference. It makes me wonder why did Rupes bother to put a 3mm throw in the kit. The 12mm make the 3mm seem useless.

DaveT435
01-01-2017, 12:26 PM
Agree. My frustrations started with the 3mm throw. The 12mm works well but the trick is very very light pressure. Slinging product is still a problem.

Do you just have problems with slinging with the blue pad? To first time I used it I primed the blue pad the way I prime my pads on the bigger machines. Good lord I think it was worse than the ONE time I pulled a DA off the paint while still spinning. lol Lessons you usually learn after the first time. The yellow pad and gel are great.

ncmizzou01
01-01-2017, 12:45 PM
I could be wrong here, but the 3mm attachment seems best suited for using the included sanding paper. 12mm throw isn't friendly to such a small piece of paper.

TTQ B4U
01-01-2017, 12:50 PM
Do you just have problems with slinging with the blue pad? To first time I used it I primed the blue pad the way I prime my pads on the bigger machines. Good lord I think it was worse than the ONE time I pulled a DA off the paint while still spinning. lol Lessons you usually learn after the first time. The yellow pad and gel are great.

Pretty much. I have moved to using their gels that came with the machine and have had good results.

My favorite use so far has been on our van and just this morning on my car, where I can spot-correct marks, scratches, etc. I found a couple more on the doors of our van where the wife or kids must have rubbed it with a purse or bag, etc. Took 5-10 mins to fix several spots.

Waterless washed / prepped the spots
Pulled out the iBrid Nano with the 12mm larger pad mounted
Polished the spots quickly
Re-coated with McKee's 37 Coating
Viola!

Crispy
01-01-2017, 02:51 PM
I have used mine for bunch of things and had no complaints.

Most recently have been using it with 1" rotary as a sander.

Using 400 grit paper to sand off aluminum alloy that was improperly sand blasted.

Surface was very rough and because it was a rim it had tight spots.

Perfect application for the Nano iBrid.

Only complaint was got hot after 10 minute continuos use on speed 2.

The 1" sanding disc don't last very long, so no big deal, as had to change pads often so got a chance to cool a bit.

They also work good for compounding/polishing same rims after painting as can get in all the spots.

Whitewater25
01-01-2017, 06:49 PM
It will sling until you figure out how much,or how little product you need to prevent it. I start on the slowest speed for a few seconds then bump it up a little. It is so easy to do with the dial where it is.

DaveT435
01-01-2017, 07:03 PM
It will sling until you figure out how much,or how little product you need to prevent it. I start on the slowest speed for a few seconds then bump it up a little. It is so easy to do with the dial where it is.

Right...just a small learning curve.