PDA

View Full Version : Washing Microfiber towels - what temp ?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

fightnews
01-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Please tell me you're not gullible enough to think they made it to the moon and back in that aluminum foil thin piece of crap 7 times without even breaking a sweat... Oh my bad, their spacesuits were "liquid cooled"[emoji57] Pfft.

Hey do you know that NASA astronauts don't test their space suits in the vacuum chamber? Prior to trusting it to protect them from certain death if it were to fail in the vacuum of space? The 1 time they did allow a human inside the vacuum chamber to test the suit he nearly died! Lmao. That happened decades ago, and they never allowed/were too scared to ever try that again! But at the same time those space suits never fail? That'd be like selling new cars without a human ever driving it before handing it over to the customer, and nothing ever going wrong with it.

And for all that fake footage inside the Space Station: How come there's zero video footage of any astronaut ever in the vacuum chamber before performing a space walk? You mean to tell me there's not a single camera in the vacuum chamber? Bunch of fakers...

Sent from my iPhone

ok so if humans going in to space is "fake", that's what you are saying right? was the challenger space shuttle explosion faked too? was Christa McAuliffe a real person, or where her and the rest of the crew "crisis actors"? is the international space station a real thing? what about the holocaust, was that faked?

its a dangerous thing when the population can not distinguish between fantasy and reality. let me ask you this, and i'm not trying to belittle you its all about how we process information in this information age we live in.

are the statements below true or false?

1- the holocaust was faked

2- the movie "the matrix" was real

Setec Astronomy
01-07-2017, 10:31 AM
i wash in hot, i dont think that matters much unless you are using some powder like oxyclean, but i know for a fact these cloths need to be dried on low, period... maybe some microfibers you can get away with high heat drying but not with the plush jr microfiber towels. the gold grey and pink towels will get damaged drying them on high, ive done it, they change color and texture, i have them still to compare the difference, im a microfiber connoisseur. ive made the mistakes

the other thing i know is true is that, once in a while, an extra rinse with a cup of vinegar on an xtra large load def makes the towel softer and cleaner

I've never faded a towel in the dryer...in the washer, sure (which is not as hot as the dryer). If vinegar is making your towels softer, it's because the acid in the vinegar dissolves mineral deposits, which means that you have mineral deposits in your towels, which could account for a color and texture change.

you're equating "not melting" with no damage at all... just because it doesn't melt down to nothing doesn't mean nothing is happening at all. people ruin thier clothes in the washing and drying machines all the time, i agree with you that you cant go buy what some "guru" on the internet says

You know, just like you can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts, you also can't have your own engineering terms. You can't have one melting temperature for "some damage" and another for "melting down to nothing". Melting is melting, and sure, we could get into the specific heat of the fiber and the thermal mass of different parts of the towel and of course the parts with smaller thermal mass will get hot faster than parts with larger thermal mass and could melt before the others, but melting is melting.

And once again, polyester is a quite common clothing material, but I don't see PSA's on tv warning to not dry your shirt on high or it's going to melt, or change color or texture, nor have I ever experienced that.

Eldorado2k
01-07-2017, 10:43 AM
1. Yes it was a lie. 6 million people did not die during those years in "gas chambers". Btw, did you know that in the current year of 2017 the most state of the art cremation oven can only handle 1 human body per 2-3 hrs? Yet you're led to believe they were cremating 3 bodies at once at a non stop, round the clock pace in open ovens in order to reach the absurd figure of 6 million? That's absolutely impossible.

Research it and you'll find out those "dead people" in the famous pictures died from Typhus, not a holocaust.

2. I've never watched The Matrix... Hollywood movies are of very little interest to me. Couldn't pay to sit through a movie like that. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone

Eldorado2k
01-07-2017, 10:49 AM
...TW Endura Trim Coating

Sent from my iPhone

Setec Astronomy
01-07-2017, 10:51 AM
And for all that fake footage inside the Space Station: How come there's zero video footage of any astronaut ever in the vacuum chamber before performing a space walk? You mean to tell me there's not a single camera in the vacuum chamber? Bunch of fakers...

I don't know what a "vacuum chamber" is in this context, but actually it was common to see footage of astronauts in the airlock of the space shuttle preparing for space walks.

And here's a story about how they test space suits in vacuum: This is how NASA tests its spacesuits - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/this-is-how-nasa-tests-its-spacesuits/)

And a little more googling and a story about a different chamber where they test the suits: https://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/pdf/728968main_Vacuum%20Test%20Facilities%20(Altitude% 20Chambers)%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf

Setec Astronomy
01-07-2017, 11:05 AM
1. Yes it was a lie. 6 million people did not die during those years in "gas chambers". Btw, did you know that in the current year of 2017 the most state of the art cremation oven can only handle 1 human body per 2-3 hrs? Yet you're led to believe they were cremating 3 bodies at once at a non stop, round the clock pace in open ovens in order to reach the absurd figure of 6 million? That's absolutely impossible.

Did it ever occur to you that a "state of the art cremation oven" is used in a mortuary, where there are considerations about the dignity of the deceased and not co-mingling remains? In a high volume operation such as the Nazis were running, I don't think they had those concerns. As evidenced by your other comments, you, IMO, underestimate the capabilites of capable scientists, engineers, and large organizations, like governments.

Before those "gas chambers" humans were doing things like building the Brooklyn Bridge in underwater caissons, digging huge tunnels under the Hudson River, constructing pyramids, etc. etc. etc. At this point I'm just going to agree to disagree about melting towels and what humans are capable of acheiving.

Eldorado2k
01-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Did it ever occur to you that a "state of the art cremation oven" is used in a mortuary, where there are considerations about the dignity of the deceased and not co-mingling remains? In a high volume operation such as the Nazis were running, I don't think they had those concerns. As evidenced by your other comments, you, IMO, underestimate the capabilites of capable scientists, engineers, and large organizations, like governments.

Before those "gas chambers" humans were doing things like building the Brooklyn Bridge in underwater caissons, digging huge tunnels under the Hudson River, constructing pyramids, etc. etc. etc. At this point I'm just going to agree to disagree about melting towels and what humans are capable of acheiving.

You mention Nazis cremating 6 million people at an impossible non stop rate in the same sentence as human achievements like building the Brooklyn Bridge and the Egyptian Pyramids? I think you're trying a bit too hard to disagree with me, cmon now...

They didn't "achieve" a dang thing. They're liars. You can tell just by looking at their faces while they're recounting their stories on camera. The women are even worse at lying. You seriously need to revisit the documented film. There's enough independent footage that simply cannot be ignored. Not to mention there's actual newspapers from the 1930's claiming that 6 million jews had been done even in those years. This wasn't the 1st time the lie was tried... Research that with an open mind, please.

Sent from my iPhone

Eldorado2k
01-07-2017, 11:31 AM
And I just did a quik search but wasn't able to find any video footage of them successfully testing the suits with a human inside the vacuum chamber. [the only video I found was the epic fail from decades ago that I mentioned]
I didn't search too much so maybe there could be?

Pictures look nice, but I'd like to see actual live video.

Sent from my iPhone

fightnews
01-07-2017, 11:39 AM
I've never faded a towel in the dryer...in the washer, sure (which is not as hot as the dryer). If vinegar is making your towels softer, it's because the acid in the vinegar dissolves mineral deposits, which means that you have mineral deposits in your towels, which could account for a color and texture change.

You know, just like you can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts, you also can't have your own engineering terms. You can't have one melting temperature for "some damage" and another for "melting down to nothing". Melting is melting, and sure, we could get into the specific heat of the fiber and the thermal mass of different parts of the towel and of course the parts with smaller thermal mass will get hot faster than parts with larger thermal mass and could melt before the others, but melting is melting.

And once again, polyester is a quite common clothing material, but I don't see PSA's on tv warning to not dry your shirt on high or it's going to melt, or change color or texture, nor have I ever experienced that.

idk i understand what you are saying but my towels were definitely damaged by drying them on hot. if its not from melting its from something else. all i know is it happened.

as far as the mineral deposits yes i just used vinegar for the first time after multiple washes. it def made a diffrence

fightnews
01-07-2017, 11:55 AM

Research it and you'll find out those "dead people" in the famous pictures died from Typhus, not a holocaust.

2. I've never watched The Matrix... Hollywood movies are of very little interest to me. Couldn't pay to sit through a movie like that. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone

yes no one ever said all the holocaust victims were cremated. research Babi Yar, Einsatzgruppen, the holocuast by bullets, euthinasia. lots of the victims were worked to death or just died german planned mass starvation. "no useless mouths to feed".... yes many prisoners were killed by typhus and other diseases caused by the conditions they were put in. does that make it any better? and by the way the holocaust was not all about the jews, over 5 million jews were killed, over eight million slavs, pols, ect were killed

over 60 MILLION people were killed in world war two. it was the deadliest war of all time. its not something you should disparage. some of our grandfathers were there, it happened. i bet a lot of people on this site can tell you about our greatest generation.

Setec Astronomy
01-07-2017, 11:56 AM
Pictures look nice, but I'd like to see actual live video.

I have come to the conclusion that you are not an actual person, I think you are in internet bot. I have seen no live video of you to prove that you exist. Sure, you have an avatar picture, and you have posted other pictures, but how do I know that is you? So that is that, I have decided you are not a real person an nothing you can say to me will change my mind.

fightnews
01-07-2017, 11:57 AM
I don't know what a "vacuum chamber" is in this context, but actually it was common to see footage of astronauts in the airlock of the space shuttle preparing for space walks.

And here's a story about how they test space suits in vacuum: This is how NASA tests its spacesuits - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/this-is-how-nasa-tests-its-spacesuits/)

And a little more googling and a story about a different chamber where they test the suits: https://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/pdf/728968main_Vacuum%20Test%20Facilities%20(Altitude% 20Chambers)%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf

any evidence is considered fabricated and therefore further proving the conspiracy. you're chasing your tail

fightnews
01-07-2017, 12:02 PM

Sent from my iPhone

thats an absolute straw man argument. nobody whose done even remedial research would try to convince you that every victim of the Holocaust was gassed. that's just one part of it. do you have any idea of the mountain of evidence and historical fact you have to ignore to believe the holocaust was faked. it is one of the most well documented events in history.

fightnews
01-07-2017, 12:04 PM
you mention Nazis cremating 6 million people at an impossible non stop rate in the same sentence as human achievements like building the Brooklyn Bridge and the Egyptian Pyramids? I think you're trying a bit too hard to disagree with me, cmon now...

They didn't "achieve" a dang thing. They're liars. You can tell just by looking at their faces while they're recounting their stories on camera. The women are even worse at lying. You seriously need to revisit the documented film. There's enough independent footage that simply cannot be ignored. Not to mention there's actual newspapers from the 1930's claiming that 6 million jews had been done even in those years. This wasn't the 1st time the lie was tried... Research that with an open mind, please.

Sent from my iPhone

nobody mentioned that but you? dont you realize that?

Eldorado2k
01-07-2017, 01:30 PM
yes no one ever said all the holocaust victims were cremated.

Umm maybe you should check out Steven Spielbergs documentary about the holocaust called "The Last Days"
I figured you may have heard about it? It's said to have won an academy award for best documentary or something... Well check out the bold claims by some of the actual holocaust survivors, it's bold and it's bad.

Sent from my iPhone