PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service!

Pages : [1] 2

mikejames
12-31-2016, 04:17 PM
I have to share my story about the customer service I received. A few months ago I bought a used Griot's Garage GG6 polisher off Ebay. When I received the polisher it looked to be in pretty good condition, but had some wear. When I plugged it in to test it the polisher turned on but the speed dial didn't adjust, it just stayed at full speed like it was on speed 6 all the time. So after contacting the Ebay seller I decided to accept a discount and keep the polisher.

I then contacted Griot's Garage getting information about cost to repair the polisher. I was told by a Griot's representative that even thought it was purchased used through a 3rd party, it still falls under the lifetime warranty. All I would need to do was fill out some information on a form they emailed to me and ship it into their Indiana office and within 24-72 hours they would repair or replace it. 6 days after shipping the GG6 to them I receive a box back from them. I opened the box and to my surprise there is a brand new GG6 polisher! Wow what a way to stand behind a product!!!

So to recap I buy a used polisher from a 3rd party that has a defect and Griot's replaces it with a brand new polisher. Wow Wow Wow... All it cost me was the shipping to send it to them. I don't think I have ever bought a Griot's Garage product other then the used polisher, but they just gained a customer for life! Any time I can purchase a product of theirs that meets my needs they will get my business. I will be placing an order shortly for several of their products to try.

Thank you Griot's Garage for going above and beyond backing your product and the great customer service!!!
Mike

briarpatch
12-31-2016, 04:20 PM
Thanks for sharing that story. One reason I recommend the GG6 to people starting out (like myself) is the lifetime warranty and Griots reputation for standing behind their products.

Eldorado2k
12-31-2016, 04:32 PM
Inb4 Visitor. Lol.

...And yea Griots CS is great, I've had a similar experience with them.

Paul A.
12-31-2016, 06:00 PM
GREAT story of personally experiencing excellent customer service.

ScottH
12-31-2016, 06:00 PM
Great story!

Whitewater25
12-31-2016, 08:28 PM
That and they have some top shelf products as well. I just ordered the Boss G15 kit,looking forward to putting it to work.

Mantilgh
12-31-2016, 08:38 PM
Where's Vistor?!!!

That's awesome. I really like Griots and I'm glad to see they are progressing and bringing out top notch products.

Coopers ST
12-31-2016, 11:23 PM
Reason number 1 the GG6 is better than a PC.

dlc95
12-31-2016, 11:30 PM
That is quite remarkable!

I almost won a gg6 last week on the Bay, but forgot to bid...

That thing went for $60.00... I'm still burned at myself for that!

dlc95
12-31-2016, 11:31 PM
Where's Vistor?!!!

That's awesome. I really like Griots and I'm glad to see they are progressing and bringing out top notch products.

LOL!

Visitor already knew that would be the outcome!

CarolinasFinestDetailing
01-01-2017, 12:17 AM
I used to be rough for some reason with polishers. Anyhow, I have had Griots replace my polisher twice with no issue. All it cost me each time was shipping to them. Talk about a deal huh? Do they offer that on their large throws as well? Ive tried the GG21, but just didnt like it.

fightnews
01-01-2017, 04:44 AM
reminds me of the time i saved 5 bucks on a matzo ball soup because i lied and said it had a hair in it

mikejames
01-01-2017, 10:34 AM
reminds me of the time i saved 5 bucks on a matzo ball soup because i lied and said it had a hair in it

Huh??? No, I didn't lie to get the polisher fixed! I told them thru email it was purchased from a 3rd party used. Also on the form I filled out to mail in with the polisher for repair I put purchased 3rd party used! When Griot's says lifetime they mean you don't have to be the original purchaser to still have warranty.

ct18
01-01-2017, 12:16 PM
Griot CS is great that was the reason i got the G15.

DetailTrail
01-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Boss15