PDA

View Full Version : Getting better!

Pages : [1] 2

scooterguitar
06-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Well, I did my friend's huge friggin' trick today. Its only a few years old so I didn;t think it would be that bad, maybe a light polish and set to go...HECK NO! This thing was horrible, lots of oxidation, covered every inch with swirls upon swirls. I gulped and said, ugh.
Only took me a few product choices, then I was set (selection of proper pads and products is getting easier). Using green Edge I hit the hood and tailgate with Opt compound (I gotta try more compounds, suggestions?). Man, instantly the thing looked better! Then did the whole thing with orange pad and Optimum polish. Blue pad w/VM (loving this stuff), then topped most with the SG wax, did the bed cover which is brighter (newer) w/Nat Blue (thinking it would darken this part a wee bit to help blend the colors better), lowers with Megs 26. EXP on wheels, Extreme shine on trim.
Flippin' looks great man! It went easier and quicker, I must be getting the hang of this PC after all!:D :D :D :D :D :D :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:
BTW, got paid for the first time too! What to spend it on???
He was blwon away! Now he already has two people who want me to do theirs:p Told them, let me see the cars, then I will quote them a price! Still doing it cheap cause I am still learning. Maybe next summer I will actually do it part time and get serious abou tit, who knows, one day at a time.

abrcrombe
06-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Whoa, that is weird. I posted and now it has disappeared. Oh well. So do you mind if I ask how much he paid you? Sounds like one hell of a job, you don't have pics do ya??:p

BlackCoupe
06-29-2006, 06:55 AM
Yeah--My post disappeared. My question was "Have you seen it in the high noon sun yet?"

FloridaNative
06-29-2006, 07:26 AM
Congrats on the job scooter. Now you've popped your cherry how do you feel? It's great, no?

Reddwarf
06-29-2006, 08:59 AM
Scooter! YEA! I'm going to do my second attempt with the PC this weekend and your story gives me hope.

jforget1
06-29-2006, 09:15 AM
How much did you charge?

scooterguitar
06-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Geez, ya money hungry bunch of mongrals! :D $50 bones
No pics.
Funny, cause he called someone to take him to work today so the truck could set in his garage to stay nice and cure. Told him the next day it would really start to look good. If I'd have known that I would have kept it overnight and added a sealer.

Neothin
06-29-2006, 10:56 AM
wow... that's alot of steps for 50 bucks. I would've charged another 100 (or more...).

still, it's a nice feeling having some money in your pocket and knowing that you brought a bad car up to near new condition. congrats on the first detail and i wish you luck on your future dealings!

scooterguitar
06-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks Neo!

BlackCoupe
06-29-2006, 01:48 PM
wow... that's alot of steps for 50 bucks. I would've charged another 100 (or more...).

still, it's a nice feeling having some money in your pocket and knowing that you brought a bad car up to near new condition. congrats on the first detail and i wish you luck on your future dealings!

And it takes some of the pain out of buying the PC!

ScottB
06-29-2006, 05:41 PM
http://autopia.org/forum/images/smilies/postpics.gif

kellyinkc
06-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Fifty? I wondering what to charge myself. Had a lady at work today ask me what I would charge. I have no clue. She has a newer Taurus. Plus she's a college student so I will probably keep it cheap. Plus gain experience in the process.

abrcrombe
06-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Think about how much money you want to make an hour. Your labor rate should determine the price of the detail. If you want to make 25 an hour, and you expect this job to take 4 hours, charge 100 bucks. Hopefully you have enough experience to estimate accurate times that a job should take.

BILL
06-29-2006, 07:05 PM
100 BUCKS plus material.......;)

abrcrombe
06-29-2006, 07:09 PM
an HOUR?!! Wow, you are either going to be very rich, or very poor.