PDA

View Full Version : Think you don't need Iron-X,think again

Pages : [1] 2 3

Whitewater25
12-27-2016, 10:58 PM
I keep my truck in what I think is very good shape for a 2005 daily driver. I washed it yesterday and the lawn guys came today & blew stuff all over it. I rinsed it off & since it was wet,I sprayed Iron X on one panel and don't ya know there were the telltale purple worms running down the paint,not many but they were there. Ended up doing the whole truck. The truck is Toyota single stage white and you could not see any speck at all on the paint,but they were there. Live & learn

Eldorado2k
12-27-2016, 11:21 PM
This thread is missing the pics. Lol

Whitewater25
12-27-2016, 11:31 PM
This thread is missing the pics. Lol

Sorry,rain was coming & I was hurrying to finish

Eldorado2k
12-27-2016, 11:35 PM
You know what's funny, I did the same thing to my fathers 2004 White Tacoma 2 days ago and took a few pics but deleted them last night because I didn't think I'd need them for any reason + I was clearing out space on my phone.

When I read your post I went to look if I somehow spared those pics but nope. Lol

Sent from my iPhone

fightnews
12-28-2016, 07:51 AM
hope u know the iron remover strips wax off the truck.

GSKR
12-28-2016, 08:15 AM
If you apply a good paint sealant snow foam should not remove it.

GSKR
12-28-2016, 08:17 AM
You know what's funny, I did the same thing to my fathers 2004 White Tacoma 2 days ago and took a few pics but deleted them last night because I didn't think I'd need them for any reason + I was clearing out space on my phone.

When I read your post I went to look if I somehow spared those pics but nope. Lol

Sent from my iPhone
Did you polish that truck.Ive encountered a lot of them down here in fla.

Mike Phillips
12-28-2016, 09:07 AM
I agree.

Somewhere on this forum I explain iron removers for paint like car insurance.

You want to have car insurance but you don't actually want to have to use it as this probably means you were in an accident or something bad has happened.

You want to use an iron remover but you don't actually want to see it working as that would mean your paint had iron contamination. It's better to NOT have iron contamination but if you see the bleeding effect it's good to know you're removed the contamination.

I always use an iron remover when I wash my truck and once in a while on the wife's white colored MB.

:)

Whitewater25
12-28-2016, 09:26 AM
hope u know the iron remover strips wax off the truck.

Yes, I realize that & was planning on applying a sealant after polishing. While I hated to see the purple worms,I like that it showed I made a good call prior to polishing the truck.

GSKR
12-28-2016, 02:46 PM
For me at 29.99 ironx soap is a no brainer.i cut it 50/50 and still deos the same job as a 29.00 small bottle of ironx.Tested on a summit white camaro peppered with iron work the same.

chefwong
12-28-2016, 02:53 PM
On my darker cars with coatings, when I do a quarterly topper...I Iron-X prior.
Hard to see if there is any, but POM I suppose.

Wayback machine dial it back 10 years ago. We still managed to clean our paint and wheels I think without these new chems :)

osiapstndp
12-28-2016, 04:07 PM
For me at 29.99 ironx soap is a no brainer.i cut it 50/50 and still deos the same job as a 29.00 small bottle of ironx.Tested on a summit white camaro peppered with iron work the same.

This is good information. I strongly dislike the smell of IronX and other sprayable, ferrous-disolving products. How does the IronX soap smell? Is it as vile and putrid as normal IronX? I hope not.

GSKR
12-28-2016, 04:31 PM
Yes it's exactly the same but a whole lot cheaper.

Whitewater25
12-28-2016, 10:57 PM
On my darker cars with coatings, when I do a quarterly topper...I Iron-X prior.
Hard to see if there is any, but POM I suppose.

Wayback machine dial it back 10 years ago. We still managed to clean our paint and wheels I think without these new chems :)

Yes we did but look what we missed & how much longer it took. Not to mention the longevity of products was nowhere near what it is now.

Eldorado2k
12-29-2016, 11:56 PM
Did you polish that truck.Ive encountered a lot of them down here in fla.

I was planning to, but I ran out of daylight [I'm still getting used to the sun setting @5pm. now]
I did a baggie test and it has a very minor bit of contaminants that I can feel, so hopefully this weekend I'll continue on it and give it a quik clay with the Speedy Prep Towel and go over it with some M205 and seal it up.

Do you use this with a foam gun? I guess my question is, is it necessary to use this with a foam gun, or is it also effective when using it in a bucket wash?

Sent from my iPhone