PDA

View Full Version : Drying Aid or Product After Every Wash?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

galaxy
12-27-2016, 10:45 AM
Just a curiosity questions...do you guys use some type of product on the surface following every normal wash; like your favorite QD, H2OG&G, D156, or a spray wax of your favorite brand, etc, during the towel drying process? I typically have not been doing that and have never had any ill effects like inducing swirls or light damage. Just curious if you guys enjoy it, think it adds a layer of lubricity for the towel, or to get a layer of a spray wax down?

Any reasons/benefits to use a QD over a spray wax or vice versa? Personal preference?

Trip
12-27-2016, 11:12 AM
I usually go with Chemical guys quick detailer on my black non coated car. And on the car with coating just blow dry. I haven't had any issues with using the QD as a drying aid. Maybe it's just the smell I like when drying off the car.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

GSKR
12-27-2016, 11:16 AM
Every wash I do which is very little but on my personal cars I use a spraywax when it's dry.just picked up the griots best of show quick detailer.

Loser
12-27-2016, 11:17 AM
I like to dry with something from the same product line that compliments whatever LSP I currently have on the vehicle to help its longevity. My daily drivers are currently sealed with BFWD for the winter so I've been using the BF Midnight Sun spray wax as I dry.

Desertnate
12-27-2016, 11:23 AM
I use a QD or spray wax after every wash for two reasons:

1) Lubrication for the drying towel. My cars are dark colored and easy marred.
2) Water spot removal. I have no shade around my house, so water spots ALWAYS appear.

In the past I've used a spray wax, but now that I'm moving to a coating and less interested in boosting the LSP and more focused on simply getting the car dry and spot-free, I'm moving to QD sprays which leave as little behind as possible.

WRAPT C5Z06
12-27-2016, 11:26 AM
I'm moving to QD sprays which leave as little behind as possible.
Poorboys Spray n' Wipe.

Desertnate
12-27-2016, 12:03 PM
Poorboys Spray n' Wipe.

Thanks! This keeps popping up in multiple conversations. It is at the top of my list to try once I expire my current inventory.

parshooter
12-27-2016, 12:03 PM
I use D156 as a drying aid when doing rinseless washes. Just because it was recommended by many here.

TTQ B4U
12-27-2016, 12:04 PM
Just a curiosity questions...do you guys use some type of product on the surface following every normal wash; like your favorite QD, H2OG&G, D156, or a spray wax of your favorite brand, etc, during the towel drying process? I typically have not been doing that and have never had any ill effects like inducing swirls or light damage. Just curious if you guys enjoy it, think it adds a layer of lubricity for the towel, or to get a layer of a spray wax down? Any reasons/benefits to use a QD over a spray wax or vice versa? Personal preference?

I used to use Blackfire's Diamond Product. Loved it but after converting to Rinseless I used Wolfgang Uber and found it much better. Now that I've ceramic coated my car the best I've found is a newer product, CarPro's ECh2O Works fantastic! All that said, I still use a leaf blower in most cases to get 95+% of water off and just wipe with said sprays after.

Mbs85
12-27-2016, 12:05 PM
Sonax BSD atm, Menzerna PL as LSP. I have Ech2o on it's way and the plan is to switch to Essence plus as my LSP during spring.

I use a QD after every wash due to the fact that I drive 3200+ miles every week, mostly on highways and LSP alone won't survive on some places for the entire winter without some help.

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

FUNX650
12-27-2016, 12:13 PM
Just a curiosity questions...
do you guys use some type of product on
the surface following every normal wash;
like your favorite QD, H2OG&G, D156,
or a spray wax of your favorite brand, etc,
during the towel drying process?

I typically have not been doing that and
have never had any ill effects like inducing
swirls or light damage.
•If that's the case...
-I see no need for you to
change-up your processes.

In the past I've used a spray wax, but
now that I'm moving to a coating and
less interested in boosting the LSP and
more focused on simply getting the car
dry and spot-free,

I'm moving to QD sprays which leave
as little behind as possible.
•I use Meguiar's D114.
•Nick's has a similarly formulated
product, soon to be forthcoming.

Bob

PA DETAILER
12-27-2016, 02:54 PM
Yes. AFTER every wash. It will prolong your LSP. I like...

Griots spray wax.
Prima wax as you dry
Currently finishing up Megs shine & dry.

BMW435
12-27-2016, 04:22 PM
I use Wolfgang Uber diluted as a quick detailer spray or Meguiar's D156

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

WaxMaster1
12-27-2016, 04:43 PM
Sonax BSD atm, Menzerna PL as LSP. I have Ech2o on it's way and the plan is to switch to Essence plus as my LSP during spring.

I use a QD after every wash due to the fact that I drive 3200+ miles every week, mostly on highways and LSP alone won't survive on some places for the entire winter without some help.

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

3,200 miles a week? That's over 144,000 miles a year. Really???? When do you have time to wash a car?

Eldorado2k
12-27-2016, 04:58 PM
I typically have not been doing that and have never had any ill effects like inducing swirls or light damage.

I used to be the same way, but recently I started using D155 Last Touch as a drying aid. Reasons why: It leaves the paint super slick and adds a touch of gloss, smells good, it doesn't alter my lsp, it can help wipe away any water spots [I don't usually have this problem when washing my own vehicle]

I don't need it to help me dry or prevent marring, I just like using it for the end result.

Sent from my iPhone