PDA

View Full Version : Wipe Down

Darren F
11-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Does anyone use a damp MF or Terry Cloth Towel to wipe down their car if the dont have a QD around in a pinch?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
11-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Nope..not me. Nothing to encapsulate the dirt/dust to prevent marring.....OUCH!

Brace1
11-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Nope..not me. Nothing to encapsulate the dirt/dust to prevent marring.....OUCH!
:whs:
That's a recipe for disaster. Even if it's an OTC QD in a pinch, don't use water only.

67Customs
11-13-2007, 12:35 PM
I don't.

cwcad
11-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Been there...done that ...won't do it again. The marring that I created was just to much work to polish out for me to do it again.

ScottB
11-13-2007, 06:43 PM
never .... lubrication is the name of the game !!

Jimmie
11-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Been there...done that ...won't do it again. The marring that I created was just to much work to polish out for me to do it again.

:whs: worst marring that I ever did was with a wet towel in a rain storm. Never again. (It was before I learned from the guys here at AG).

Bonifax
11-13-2007, 09:03 PM
:iagree: with ya'll, you MUST use a QD with a MF to wipe down your car. I use a Megs body duster to remove excess dust (not dragging the duster but placing and lifting it) and then use a MF with Megs UQD to reveal a just waxed finish (hehe I sound like a commercial).

Obviously a lot of people use a damp MF or terry cloth to "clean" a car but it causes a lot of marring, even when the car has only light dust becuase it acts like a sand paper.

Tonya
11-13-2007, 09:07 PM
never .... lubrication is the name of the game !!
:iagree: with :whs: Alway use a QD

lil goat
11-13-2007, 09:13 PM
I have gotten to where I won't even use a QD, I was seeing microfine scratches from the QD, it just whip out the Foam Gun and wash it. If it is it gets dirty away from home it stays that way. I even bought a small water softener for my out door hose just to wash the car, we have bad calcium. It's like a super Mr. Clean filters 400 gallons between refills.

tommy
11-13-2007, 09:46 PM
sorry guys, i may ask stupid question but just want to know what's "QD" use it for what? :D

Tonya
11-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Hello Tommy QD = Quick Detailer
If you do a search for acronyms that will help you out. It takes some getting use to all the short hand. Do the search it will help! :D
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/search.php?searchid=359149
Here are two threads that should clear up any questions, just click the above link... it will take you to the threads.

tommy
11-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Hello Tommy QD = Quick Detailer
If you do a search for acronyms that will help you out. It takes some getting use to all the short hand. Do the search it will help! :D
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/search.php?searchid=359149
Here are two threads that should clear up any questions, just click the above link... it will take you to the threads.

Hi Tonya,

How come i missed that thread :D ...good info, anyway, thanks for fast answer & link.

:cheers:

Tonya
11-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Your welcome! Glad to help!