PDA

View Full Version : Waterless Wash: Recommendations for garden/weed sprayer

Pages : [1] 2

SimpleDetailing
12-23-2016, 06:22 PM
Hey everyone,

This is my first season with using a waterless wash system to keep my cars clean during the winter months. I just ordered a bottle of McKee's Waterless Wash Concentrate and a blank 32oz spray bottle to dilute it in to apply it to the cars. My question is if anyone recommends specific brands or specific sprayers for garden/weed/pump sprayers? I thought about diluting my waterless wash to the recommended ratio in my blank 32oz bottle and using the pump sprayer to possibly spray the solution onto the cars. Or even diluting the product in a larger dilution tank and then transferring it into the pump sprayer. I thought this would save my hands from having to squeeze the sprayers so much in the long run since I try to keep 4 cars clean (1 is my own, 2 of them are my parents, 4th one is my girlfriend's car). This thought of using a pump sprayer during the winter came from seeing Larry (AMMO NYC) in one of his videos show the technique. Any help or tips about waterless wash systems is also appreciated. Thanks!

pheerix
12-23-2016, 06:43 PM
Try to find one with a separate pressure release valve so you don't have to waste product when depressurizing the reservoir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZpolisher15
12-23-2016, 07:12 PM
Try to find one with a separate pressure release valve so you don't have to waste product when depressurizing the reservoir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just flip mine upside down and pull the trigger for a couple seconds. But it's a small AG sprayer (not a large garden sprayer).

Mantilgh
12-23-2016, 07:13 PM
I've used a few different garden or ag pump sprayers, mostly cheap ones. They have all worked well. It's very nice to not have to constantly squeeze the trigger, reprime, refill, or tilt if the right way to catch the pickup tube if you're low. They are great for wheel cleaners too because you can take the wand and spray upside down for the barrels.

I'd say just use distilled water if you plan on storing it for a period. I would hate to see you mix up a big batch and have it go bad on you.

dirtbikeguy
12-23-2016, 07:59 PM
Home Depot or lowes. Round up 2 gallon. Comes with multiple sprayers, a pressure release also. It has yet to break down on me. I've used it for half of a year now. Once per week at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

KirkH
12-23-2016, 08:33 PM
the cheapest is at Harbor Freight. $10 and get a 20% off coupon to make it $8.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

vanev
12-23-2016, 09:13 PM
I prefer the Harbor Freight 2 Gallon Pump Sprayer.

On a side note:
There is a lot to know about rinseless and waterless wash methods.
Rinseless and waterless wash products are fantastic, and a great compliment to the detail industry.
While a great approach, not a magic bullet, and not always a time saver.
You may find that both are much better suited for maintenance details, vs first time details of a vehicle.

Consider:
- Amount of dirt on the vehicle.
- What towels you choose.
- Towel management.
- Products and dilution ratios.
- Removing dirt from cracks and crevices.
- Wheels, tires, and wheel wells.
- Auto glass.
- Etc....

Look into the Garry Dean Method for rinseless and waterless wash.

Harry Da Hamster
12-23-2016, 10:24 PM
I have a uber cheap $10 Walmart garden sprayer that works fine. Spray pattern isn't the best, but it's a great time saver. I also have a nice and expensive Kwazar compression sprayer, spray pattern is perfect.

Real Riders
12-24-2016, 12:34 AM
Why give your money to the big box stores that don't support detailers in any way? Just purchase this sprayer from Autogeek and add your waterless wash . I use Pinnacle Waterless and it dilutes 32:1 and works great. If you are washing lots of cars this winter you could purchase some ONR and another pump sprayer and rinseless wash the cars. Just add one ounce of ONR to two gallons of water and dip you spray bottle in the water and fill. This way you will have pre soak for the rinseless wash and you won't have to measure

Pinnacle Chemical Resistant Pressure Sprayer, pump sprayer, pressurized spray bottle (http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-pressure-sprayer.html)

Dan K
12-24-2016, 12:51 AM
Why give your money to the big box stores that don't support detailers in any way? Just purchase this sprayer from Autogeek and add your waterless wash . I use Pinnacle Waterless and it dilutes 32:1 and works great. If you are washing lots of cars this winter you could purchase some ONR and another pump sprayer and rinseless wash the cars. Just add one ounce of ONR to two gallons of water and dip you spray bottle in the water and fill. This way you will have pre soak for the rinseless wash and you won't have to measure

Pinnacle Chemical Resistant Pressure Sprayer, pump sprayer, pressurized spray bottle (http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-pressure-sprayer.html)

This is what I use as well. I mix up a gallon at a time and just refill the sprayer when needed.

Harry Da Hamster
12-24-2016, 04:30 AM

Why waste money?

Real Riders
12-24-2016, 04:49 AM
Why waste money?

I don't feel the Pinnacle Pressure Sprayer is a waste of money. I purchased a Flo Master at Home depot for $8 and it lasted about 3 weeks and then it would not hold pressure anymore. I have used the Pinnacle sprayer with ONR and washed over a 1000 cars last summer and it is still working fine.

Klasse Act
12-24-2016, 08:57 AM
I would like to suggest the 1000 ml Quazzer and IIRC they sell a pressurized sprayer as well, either way, these are simply the best sprayer you can buy!

fightnews
12-24-2016, 10:56 AM
Hey everyone,

This is my first season with using a waterless wash system to keep my cars clean during the winter months. I just ordered a bottle of McKee's Waterless Wash Concentrate and a blank 32oz spray bottle to dilute it in to apply it to the cars. My question is if anyone recommends specific brands or specific sprayers for garden/weed/pump sprayers? I thought about diluting my waterless wash to the recommended ratio in my blank 32oz bottle and using the pump sprayer to possibly spray the solution onto the cars. Or even diluting the product in a larger dilution tank and then transferring it into the pump sprayer. I thought this would save my hands from having to squeeze the sprayers so much in the long run since I try to keep 4 cars clean (1 is my own, 2 of them are my parents, 4th one is my girlfriend's car). This thought of using a pump sprayer during the winter came from seeing Larry (AMMO NYC) in one of his videos show the technique. Any help or tips about waterless wash systems is also appreciated. Thanks!

wow four cars? i think its a lot of work just doing one. how many microfiber towels do you go through? how often do you wash each car?

ducksfan
12-24-2016, 10:56 AM
For waterless I use a Solo hand pump sprayer. It has a lower volume; finer spray that gives better coverage without wasting product.
For rinseless, I use a higher volume sprayer. I have a Tolco hand pump and a Kwazar hand pump - both are nice.