PDA

View Full Version : Unusual for 303.

DogRescuer
12-23-2016, 04:29 PM
I'results heard nothing but good​ results from everyone about 303 for your dash and plastic dressing. So I am in the minority when I complain about it. For some odd reason when i dress my dashes on my Corolla n CRV, after a while it causes the inside of my windshields to get oily or nasty like i smoke and i dont smoke. Any thoughts?

KirkH
12-23-2016, 05:05 PM
Google "dash off-gassing". Maybe it is the dash.

JeffM
12-23-2016, 06:22 PM
Dont mean to hijack, but I got a sample of 303 last winter and put it on one of my trucks. Its been a year and it still looks like I just put it on. Is that normal? If it is, outstanding.

fightnews
12-23-2016, 06:34 PM
I'results heard nothing but good​ results from everyone about 303 for your dash and plastic dressing. So I am in the minority when I complain about it. For some odd reason when i dress my dashes on my Corolla n CRV, after a while it causes the inside of my windshields to get oily or nasty like i smoke and i dont smoke. Any thoughts?
well if you are only using the 303 protectant then what are you cleaning the dash with? you cant just use protectant on top of protectant without using a product that actually has cleaning power to remove old layers

Setec Astronomy
12-23-2016, 06:53 PM
That's why I don't dress my dash often with PDMS dressings like 303, because they vinyl fog up the windows. So I do it very infrequently, or better yet use something like Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant or Ultima Interior Guard Plus (UIGP) which are sealants rather than dressings.

The Guz
12-23-2016, 07:30 PM
Never had an issue with 303 fogging up the glass. Especially when the car sits in the So Cal heat 24/7. It is natural for the interior plastics to outgas. Also junk builds up on the glass if one drives with the windows down.

Did you buff off any excess product?

DogRescuer
12-23-2016, 07:49 PM
well if you are only using the 303 protectant then what are you cleaning the dash with? you cant just use protectant on top of protectant without using a product that actually has cleaning power to remove old layers

Thats a great point, ive just never really cleaned off any old layers, thanks.

KirkH
12-23-2016, 08:55 PM
I use the 303 Protectant wipes. I do buff off the excess but I dont have any fogging.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

DBAILEY
12-24-2016, 04:17 AM
303 protectant seems to have gotten shinier at some point than older formulas. Not sure it was changed or improved. I purchased a small bottle from AA recently and the interior I started using it on was imparting a significant shine compared to the low sheen clean look I had remembered. I stopped using it a few years ago when the smell became offensive to me.

DogRescuer
12-24-2016, 05:43 AM
303 protectant seems to have gotten shinier at some point than older formulas. Not sure it was changed or improved. I purchased a small bottle from AA recently and the interior I started using it on was imparting a significant shine compared to the low sheen clean look I had remembered. I stopped using it a few years ago when the smell became offensive to me.

Gotcha, I like to remember that when we buy new cars the plastic isn't shiny but has a nice matte finish. That said, lately I've been using sonax dashboard cleaner, but I have learned that I need to scrub off all the layers of old dressing. For some reason I thought they were just going away like magic, duh.

Klasse Act
12-24-2016, 08:53 AM
I did my entire interior bits with 303 Aerospace and have NEVER had an issue with it, ever! Sometimes with the dash itself I will wipe it with a slightly damp mf towel from doing a RW or WW to give it a light cleaning but again, no issues like the OP has stated. I wonder if there was something in the dashboard previously that wasn't cleaned before applying the 303 Aerospace protectant.

I would suggest cleaning the dash real good with your favorite APC, let dry real good and then re-apply the 303 Aerospace. This is one of those VERY solid products that everyone loves, so give this a shot and BTW, clean your glass as well before applying the products again.

BryanH
12-24-2016, 03:08 PM
I've found the 'sheen' on 303 to be somewhat dependent on the dash material. On some cars 303 looks 'just right' to me and on others, like the 350Z, I find it too glossy. Kind of an overly-dressed look. I'm actually on the hunt for something that behaves like 303 in terms of protection, non splotchy look and future easy cleaning, but with less sheen for cars like this. Megs QID is the only other thing I have and it looks to have no 'beautifying' qualities -- i.e., great for folks who like the interior to look new and not dressed.

DogRescuer
12-24-2016, 10:24 PM
I'm using sonax dashboard now.

The Guz
12-24-2016, 10:44 PM
I've found the 'sheen' on 303 to be somewhat dependent on the dash material. On some cars 303 looks 'just right' to me and on others, like the 350Z, I find it too glossy. Kind of an overly-dressed look. I'm actually on the hunt for something that behaves like 303 in terms of protection, non splotchy look and future easy cleaning, but with less sheen for cars like this. Megs QID is the only other thing I have and it looks to have no 'beautifying' qualities -- i.e., great for folks who like the interior to look new and not dressed.

GTechniq C6 Matte Dash may be something you like. It leaves a matte finish. I've used it once and I like it so far.