PDA

View Full Version : Gtechniq C2 vs Gyeon Cure

Billy Baldone
12-23-2016, 02:25 PM
Can someone please give me a comparison. I'm looking for a great product to top coated cars. I'm not quite sure the difference between the 2. Also eyeballing Tac Systems Quartz spray. Thank you

DaveT435
12-23-2016, 06:23 PM
The only one I have used is G2. You can actually mix that 20:1 and use it as a drying aid. It will give the coating a little boost. It will look better, feel nice and slick, and G2 is extremely hydrophobic. You can also mix it at 10:1 and 3:1 for a little more reinforcement of the coating. If your doing maintenance washes I would definitely try the 20:1 as a drying aid. I think it will accomplish what you want at a very low cost. Make sure to wash towels immediately or put in a bucket with a little APC until you can wash them otherwise they won't absorb water anymore.

JeffM
12-23-2016, 06:29 PM
I never got the hang of C2. At 100% its more of a wipe on, buff off the haze, its grabby and annoying, but when it dries its super slick, which is great, but buffing off a product is more helpful when its super slick. It looks great and lasts a long time.

DaveT435
12-23-2016, 07:15 PM
C2...don't know why I was typing G2. I've used it straight. It's like their coatings you do a fairly small area, spread it, wait a few seconds and buff it off. In the heat I'm usually working in that's the best approach. Cooler temps you may be able to leave it on for a minute. The best way I found to use it was as a drying aid. Does a great job and costs very little. It's been a while though...the more I think about it the more I think it's 10:1.

rlmccarty2000
12-23-2016, 08:58 PM
I like the Tac Sys Quartzmax, but now I can't seem to find more of it. I'm moving on to Polish Angel High Gloss. I've heard nothing but "glowing" reviews of High Gloss. Lol

DBAILEY
12-24-2016, 04:06 AM
I always apply C2v3 thoroughly to one panel at a time like I am applying AW and expecting it to disappear into the paint, but it won't. Switch MF and buff to remove. If you wait it can/will be grabby. Its best durability is when you apply to bare paint that is prepped as well as paint ready to be coated. I have seen 8-10 months out of 3 layers applied over 48 hr period applied like that. When your topping something else with it the durability will be a mystery.

fightnews
12-25-2016, 06:47 AM
I like the Tac Sys Quartzmax, but now I can't seem to find more of it. I'm moving on to Polish Angel High Gloss. I've heard nothing but "glowing" reviews of High Gloss. Lol

ya eighty bucks for a half a bottle it better be good

Zubair
12-25-2016, 07:05 AM
Reload

MarkD51
12-25-2016, 12:05 PM
I assume then the GTechniq product being spoken about is C2V3, correct?

I wasn't aware this product could be diluted. I have a bottle on hand, played with it a couple times on my junker, and went through quite a bit of it. I might try a dilution to perhaps ease-simplify its use, and to also help stretch it.

Billy Baldone
12-25-2016, 12:56 PM
It looks like Shine Supply has a new item that is exactly what I'm looking for Throttle, anti static, no wax quick detailer for coated cars. Looks like it is for every wash when you don't want to use a more expensive item like Clutch/Cure/C2. When a booster isn't necessary

Svended
12-25-2016, 02:29 PM
I've used Gtechniq products for over five years and Gyeon products for two.
I've used all the C2 products. C2 was the best, C2v2 was easier with less buffing and not so slick. Having tested C2v3 pre-release I was able to try some of the finalists. The resulting C2v3 is both easy to apply, buff with a lovely gloss and very slick to the touch finish. Best use is one spray for the cloth, then two more then wipe a panel at a time and then turn over the cloth and buff straight away. As a drying aid or as a QD, diluted down with water at 5:1 is optimal for this use. I don't recommend diluting more than you need as impurities in the water your adding will reduce the life of the product before use. Tap water will spoil in two to three weeks while using distilled water will keep the product usable for up to three months. I tend to use the Gtechniq QD as a drying aid or top up after a quick wash etc... I buy 1litre of QD and add 100ml of C2v3 which gives me a nice slick and easy to use product and finish.
Gyeon Cure I've used a lot as a final drying aid and QD after using Wetcoat. I've never diluted Cure down at all but a little goes a long way. Four squirts will do a bonnet/hood, three squirts will do a door, etc...

fightnews
05-14-2018, 11:00 AM
I've used Gtechniq products for over five years and Gyeon products for two.
I've used all the C2 products. C2 was the best, C2v2 was easier with less buffing and not so slick. Having tested C2v3 pre-release I was able to try some of the finalists. The resulting C2v3 is both easy to apply, buff with a lovely gloss and very slick to the touch finish. Best use is one spray for the cloth, then two more then wipe a panel at a time and then turn over the cloth and buff straight away. As a drying aid or as a QD, diluted down with water at 5:1 is optimal for this use. I don't recommend diluting more than you need as impurities in the water your adding will reduce the life of the product before use. Tap water will spoil in two to three weeks while using distilled water will keep the product usable for up to three months. I tend to use the Gtechniq QD as a drying aid or top up after a quick wash etc... I buy 1litre of QD and add 100ml of C2v3 which gives me a nice slick and easy to use product and finish.
Gyeon Cure I've used a lot as a final drying aid and QD after using Wetcoat. I've never diluted Cure down at all but a little goes a long way. Four squirts will do a bonnet/hood, three squirts will do a door, etc... That's a good idea