PDA

View Full Version : What to buy?

Komatsu
12-23-2016, 07:48 AM
Looking to buy some new products just wondering what everyone likes to use. Running low on interoir detailer. Also some tire dressing and wheel cleaner. (Nothing glossy for tire dressing) open to anything else anyone thinks is a must. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Detailsbydaniel
12-23-2016, 08:26 AM
I'm really liking the look Wolfgang deep gloss seal is providing. It's a breeze to apply and remove as well

chefwong
12-23-2016, 09:18 AM
1Z - Nextatt Cockpit for Interiors.
Are you wheels clean/maintained or dirty.
I love 1Z Colourtec for clean/maintained wheels. Sonax for not so maintained wheels....

Tire Dressing - Love the look of water based, but I would coat them for ease of maintenance. Had had great consisten results with Tuf Shine. It's glossy, even with the initial coat. I give it 3 coats. It will look glossy until the 1st-3rs water exposure, but the gloss dies back drastically and it just lasts

Komatsu
12-23-2016, 10:49 AM
Usually clean. Winter they stay dirty for a few months. Tires are 3056518 so I will be using alot of product on them.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

UTdetailing
12-23-2016, 01:17 PM
Meguiars APC + PERL for interior

I also use Meguiars APC for wheels and tires. I like Meguiars Hyper dressing or Ulltimate tire coating for tires. PERL can be used for tires as well, but not as economical as hyper dressing.

Megs APC, Hyper dressing & PERL can be diluted to taste and are very versatile.

With those three there is very little "non-paint work" that you cannot accomplish with professional results.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

DaveT435
12-23-2016, 02:06 PM
Tire dressing and wheel cleaner I recommend McKee's on both. I buy the wheel cleaner by the gallon. Product works very well and good price. I really like their Tire dressing also. It has more of a natural rubber look. You can get more gloss by adding more coats. You might want to consider their rubber cleaner and rejuvenator also, another great product I buy by the gallon.

custmsprty
12-23-2016, 02:23 PM
Chemical Guys Silk Shine is still my all time favorite interior dressing. And I have at least 15 other brands that I've tried and tested over the past few years and I always end up back at Silk Shine.

HD Speed and HD Poxy is a great 1-2 combo and a great value.

WaxMaster1
12-23-2016, 02:43 PM
Chemical Guys Silk Shine is still my all time favorite interior dressing. And I have at least 15 other brands that I've tried and tested over the past few years and I always end up back at Silk Shine.

HD Speed and HD Poxy is a great 1-2 combo and a great value.

I bought some silk shine (I believe because of your recommendation). Do you use a light APC first then the Silk Shine?

custmsprty
12-23-2016, 03:04 PM
I bought some silk shine (I believe because of your recommendation). Do you use a light APC first then the Silk Shine?

I don't use an apc as the interiors I mainly do are well maintained. SS has some cleaning properties for light stuff.

AZpolisher15
12-23-2016, 07:19 PM
McKee's Fast Interior Detailer is a really nice light cleaner. It appears to leave nothing behind, just a clean surface. Nice scent that lingers for a couple of days. For more protection, Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant is hard to beat. I love the stuff. It will leave surfaces looking very slightly dressed, but not so much that it looks like you've wiped product on them.

For tires, I've been a fan of Duragloss 253 Tire and Rubber Dressing. It leaves tires looking like new and lasts a couple weeks if it doesn't get wet. It's not in the least bit greasy feeling and dust doesn't adhere like with some other products. It's also great on trim and floor mats.