PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to apply/buff off Collinite's 476?

Whitethunder46
11-12-2007, 11:28 PM
So, I did a nice 5 hour exterior detail of my Sentra the other day to prep for winter. Menzerna Super Intensive and some 106ff to follow that. Some Pinnacle paint cleansing lotion followed by 476 wax. I applied by hand and buffed off one panel at a time. Not real hard to buff off, but a little streaking. If I let sit and cure for a few minutes, buffed off cleanly but much more pressure needed. BTW, after this I used some Souveran spray to finish off any streaks and add some more glow. Car looks awesome btw.

I'm going to be using 476 again on a couple other vehicles, but am thinking about using the PC to apply and will do the entire car and let haze over. Then buff off after curing for a little.

Any thoughts or experiences?

cls
11-13-2007, 03:21 AM
Hi.Just posted a while about topping collinite IW with souveran spray wax.i guess i found my answer here=) Is the spray wax easy to apply?like a qd?

supercharged
11-13-2007, 05:01 AM
I prime my aplicator pad with QD when applying waxes. It is easier to apply and easier to remove. I never used a machine to apply/remove waxes, as I feel you are wasting too much product (pads are bigger).