PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever "Oops, sprayed the wrong product!" Good? Bad? Disastrous?

Pages : [1] 2 3

KirkH
12-22-2016, 10:14 AM
Yesterday I went to spray my windshield with Stoner Foaming Glass Cleaner. Except I accidentally picked up, and sprayed, RGLabs FW-1 Cleaning Wax!

(Before you criticize me for using FW-1, someone gave it to me, and I actually LIKE it for my wheels and tires. Brake dust slides right off and the tires are shiny. I don't buy or sell FW-1! Anytime I say I like the stuff, someone accuses me of being a FW-1 salesperson. But I digress....)

I wondered what was going on when I went to wipe the glass and it just smeared everywhere like mayo! I was like, "###?!?!?" I grabbed a utility cloth and starting wiping it off. And guess what? The freakin' glass looks great! :confused:

So I was wondering, does anyone else have stories to share of spraying the wrong product on the wrong surface? Any good things learned? Any bad things to warn against? Anything ruined?

Mantilgh
12-22-2016, 11:24 AM
I'm sure I have but it was nothing revolutionary.

I also had a customer give me a can of the FW-1 cleaner wax, but I never tried it. He raved about it.

KirkH
12-22-2016, 11:57 AM
I accidentally sprayed 303 Protectant on a tonneau cover before I sprayed it with 303 Tonneau Cleaner and the 303 Protectant cleaned it just fine so I dropped the tonneau cleaner for most. I kind of "one-stepped" the process.

dlc95
12-22-2016, 12:08 PM
Yeah. Had a customer coming to pick up his car, and I went to clean up a smudge with Megs M34 Final Inspection, only to apply M40 Rubber and Vinyl Cleaner/Conditioner...

I washed the area, re-polished, and re-sealed.

I lost my marbles after he left. I haven't been that angry at myself in a long time - or since...

CarolinasFinestDetailing
12-22-2016, 12:14 PM
Shined tires with Reload instead of PERL. Last car of the day and was fighting sickness. Tires didn't look half bad. Lol.

Opti
12-22-2016, 12:16 PM
I once polished my B pillar and grabbed a bottle of what I thought was IPA to do a wipe down...I sprayed it and it smelled like strawberries and that's when I noticed I sprayed a interior cleaner instead. I had both in similar bottles.

Eldorado2k
12-22-2016, 12:22 PM
I once reached for my bottle of D120, but picked up Hyper Dressing instead... Sprayed the entire side window of an SUV and quikly found out something just wasn't right. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone

pearlbeauty
12-22-2016, 12:32 PM
A few years back I quick detailed 3/4 of my car before I realized that I had accidentally reached for the leather cleaner. Nothing bad happened, I just used the detail spray to go over the car again.

UTdetailing
12-22-2016, 12:35 PM
I've done this more than I care to admit. I've spray waxed tires, hyper dressed paint, glass cleaned trim, degreased windows, and my favorite was tire shined the crap out of some carpet floor matts.

Needless to say I now make sure products not in use are safely on the shelf and out of reach. One product at a time around the vehicle I'm working on.

DaveT435
12-22-2016, 12:36 PM
I coated about 1/3 of a car with Opti-lens before I realized I had grabbed the wrong syringe.

KirkH
12-22-2016, 01:12 PM
I coated about 1/3 of a car with Opti-lens before I realized I had grabbed the wrong syringe.

Ooh that stuff is not cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

FUNX650
12-22-2016, 01:35 PM
I once sprayed a hemp rug with
some no-name, OTC carpet cleaner.

I'm thankful to report that:
The highly acclaimed Law firm of
Dewey, Skrewum, & Howe was
successful in their efforts to keep me
from having to go to Court-ordered
rehab for drug abuse. {Paid Court
costs...and went on my merry way.}

Bob

GSKR
12-22-2016, 02:22 PM
Never had that mistake until gyeon trim coat.Terrible product should be pulled.

ViperGuy21
12-22-2016, 02:30 PM
I once went to grab stoners invisible glass aerosol.....grabbed tarminator...:/

The Guz
12-22-2016, 02:30 PM
Never had that mistake until gyeon trim coat.Terrible product should be pulled.

Post a review. Easier to see a review than in various threads.